German Pointers...

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Hynu
Tracker

German Pointers...

Post by Hynu »

I'll keep it brief chaps!

Do they work...and is getting one worth the Em$?
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Re: German Pointers...

Post by DarkHunterXX »

In my opinion yes, i like to use them in the open fields and as company. But i hunt a lot alone so i think if you want if for company it's a yes for sure :).
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

DarkhunterXX - thanks for the reply fella, I don't suppose you could albeit briefly explain what they do exactly? I've read the description and I take from that that they can track animals for you? Is it restricted to small game and deer....and if it is deer... .do they mean all deer species?
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Ignore the last, I just had a read of the Wiki, explains it all perfectly :)
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

The german pointer has unfortunately two imperfections:
1. no flushing
2. and no fetching
Only pointing...
Spoiler:
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

I love my German Pointer level 39 but
it was a hard time with love and hate of the game play with dogs until the german Pointer update!

best friends:
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Really nice trophy shot there Muledeer
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

The German Pointer is my favorite of the dog breeds. Unfortunately, that's because the other breeds have flaws (the Retriever still has a bouncing duck bug every now & then and the Scent Hound has numerous issues that need addressed). My Pointer is high enough level to hunt deer, but I haven't used him for that yet. I have only used him for rabbits and birds, and he's awesome for those. You basically just tell him to find them and once he does, he slowly walks to within a certain range (depending on his level) of the target animal, then stops and points. I've been able to find large groups of ptarmigans that I would have otherwise missed, pheasants that don't respond to calls, and can clean areas out of rabbits. The only thing I'm not sure of is how he actually points from further away the more he levels up...so he starts out pointing from around 20m, but eventually points from 40m away. Mine isn't high enough level to be pointing from 40m yet, but I'm not really looking forward to finding a ptarmigan in high grass from that far off. I can imagine that feature works better with deer than birds & rabbits.
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

999 Em$ puts me off :D
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Is a good asset if you plan hunt rabbits and birds like Ptarmigans, Pheasants are easy enough to find, also can track Bobcats, the deer are easy to track so dont really need it for that, besides it can not difference between a trophy Buck or a small female, so is better you choose track a deer by your own judgment, but for small game is great.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Kennel”