German Pointers...

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Sarroth
Tracker

Re: German Pointers...

Post by Sarroth »

In my opinion, the third detection level is completely useless. I'd rather see the detached detection of eg pheasants from rabbits(LP is sometimes hell. :D ).

Otherwise, it's absolutely wonderful dog. As already mentioned, perfect for rabbits, hare, birds, but I also like to use it for foxes(BRR).

One of my best buys.
|theHunter profile
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I forgot to mention, Dog are usually on sale on events, so if there is no hurry you can wait until next event and save some ems, not guarantied than the dogs will be on sale, but there is a fair chance.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

Yep, I bought mine during Christmass sales.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I would like to point out ;) that he also emits a short wuff when he closes in as a warning you should stop running and start to duck.
Code: Select all
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

I'll most likely get one when they're on sale, cheers guys :)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Will pointers level slower or faster then scent hounds in general? If you just use it normally and is not just grinding bow shots on water buffaloes. I guess scent dogs is a bit easier to grind that way?
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I bought all 3 types of dogs around the same time and I don't grind anything to level them up or use treats very often and they all seem to level up at a pretty similar rate. If anything I find the retriever the fastest, the pointer a close second, and the scent hound third, but not by a huge margin on any of them.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

knott wrote:Will pointers level slower or faster then scent hounds in general? If you just use it normally and is not just grinding bow shots on water buffaloes. I guess scent dogs is a bit easier to grind that way?

Scent Hound is slower, the reason is simple, you need first find an animal, then shot at the animal but not a "drop in the spot" kind of shot, you need one shot where the animal flee, then and just then your dog can start tracking and get exp, sure you can give commands like sit and stay, but the exp is minimal, in the other hand you can command to the Pointer to search right off the bat, and the Retriever is the faster if you do waterfowling, just pile some ducks around and make the dog recover them, he will raise his lvl fast and steady. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I am soon able to afford one. Hurry up with the sale EW or I will buy it with gm$ :D
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

knott wrote:Will pointers level slower or faster then scent hounds in general? If you just use it normally and is not just grinding bow shots on water buffaloes. I guess scent dogs is a bit easier to grind that way?
It's really not even close. The pointers are far faster, followed by retrievers, then scent hounds. I find that with pointers, I can level from 33-34 in an evening...to do the same with a scent hound might take 2-3 weeks.

Return to “Kennel”