My dog ran away from me and jumped a cliff

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
VonStratos
Outfitter

My dog ran away from me and jumped a cliff

Post by VonStratos »

No joking, i know my Scent Hound and have had bad times but this went to far. i was in the high mountain of WRR with my Scent Hound when the dog first started to walk away from me in a straight line, so i called him and he ran away fast like the wind towards the mountain cliff, i went after him yelling "Wellington wait i can change!" but no good, he went and disappear in the void... now i feel very rejected by a suicidal virtual dog.

Ok to put the thing in context and see if this was some silly bug, I was in the plains in WRR with my dog, i made a FT to my tent which is located up in the mountain, normally my dog stay next to me like after any FT, but this time he immediately went walking in a straight line towards the direction where i was in the plains, so i called him to make him turn and come to me, and that's when he ran towards the direction before mentioned, what i think happened is that for some reason the dog was teleported but was still registering that i was not, so he went to my last known position, that could be a little bug, and is the weirdest thing my dog has made, and that's counting that time when he did bite my butt. :?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: My dog ran away from me and jumped a cliff

Post by curlyCoyote »

Maybe you are a bad owner? Or do you not feed it :P
neonpossum
Tracker

Post by neonpossum »

This title is probably way funnier than it should be hahaha

Maybe a bug though! I wonder if other people have experienced a similar thing!
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

OMG :roll: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Funny story Von .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

My scent hound had fun today. Was doing the shoot moose with cable back bow. Found a female I could practice on. Got a body shot of course. Tracked for a while got close and the dog got all super excited. Started to chase the mooses tail. He tracks as fast as the moose run obviously or they implemented some wolves AI for the scent dogs and he was actually chasing the moose not the tracks?

Run away into the distance in circles and I find the moose and dog sitting back to back against eachother totally exhausted. Obviously made peace with eachother. I could just walk straight up and finish her off.

Not the only hilarious moments with AI that is superhuman good. Shot an elk from a tower at Timbertrails gold. Ran away then all sudden he comes back with a pack of wolves behind him. Saved me quite some tracking he ended up laying down on the opposite side of the river.

Return to “Kennel”