Blood hound needs some serious work

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Re: Blood hound needs some serious work

Post by abslayer »

Well I have had 0 times the dog track a animal down with more than one tract that had NO BLOOD
Like I said Had the dog run right over dead moose after blood disappeared and he kept right on going SOUNDS like bugs to me
So I have know idea how your dog works so great and most have same problems as mr
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Ok ran another test with blood hound # 7 Bison shot dog FOUND ONE ONLY Barking at dead buff and that one was about 75M lung shot,
4 other others he loss blood trail and was put back on trail from tracks with no blood FAILED once again had to track buff down by myself.
2 others he track right over them and never even Stopped or barked he get on going about 60
m PAST DEAD BUFF
Now if as you say is working fine and has no bugs and I get success one of seven I call BS
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Dog Seems to work with pigs not buff
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

abslayer wrote:Ok ran another test with blood hound # 7 Bison shot dog FOUND ONE ONLY Barking at dead buff and that one was about 75M lung shot,
4 other others he loss blood trail and was put back on trail from tracks with no blood FAILED once again had to track buff down by myself.
Again, if they stop bleeding, the dog stops tracking. This is not a bug.

abslayer wrote:2 others he track right over them and never even Stopped or barked he get on going about 60
m PAST DEAD BUFF
As I said, if you are kneeling, the dog does not bark, but returns to you. Are you kneeling? If you aren't, then I'd suggest you file a bug report.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Keeling why would a person tracking a animal be knelling and I do not.
If dog only tracks blood and in most cases blood stops in about 4 tracks , dog is a waste of time and needs to be able to track a shot animal after starting on blood trail with or with out blood.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

abslayer wrote:Keeling why would a person tracking a animal be knelling and I do not.
If dog only tracks blood and in most cases blood stops in about 4 tracks , dog is a waste of time and needs to be able to track a shot animal after starting on blood trail with or with out blood.

Actually if the animal stop bleeding the dog can loose the tracking, that's normal but what was bugged was that you need a blood track to resume the dog tracking, by design you only need a blood track to start then if the dog loose track you can resume from any track, blood or normal, as long be of the same animal of course, and this was finally fixed according to a Status updates not long ago, like 2 weeks ago, but if is still needing blood tracks to resume the tracking then is still a bug and need to be reported again since it was stated as "fixed" in a recent SU, the one of 28th November 2018 if my memory serves me right.

Worth to mention that all this bug started when the Pointer was introduced and that messed the Scent hound, the scent went fubar because some code got mixed, the scent was behaving as a Pointer, eventually it got back to normal but with the blood tracking issue that i already mentioned, is a known bug and has been long in the dog kennel bug section.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

VonStratos wrote:
abslayer wrote:Keeling why would a person tracking a animal be knelling and I do not.

Actually if the animal stop bleeding the dog can loose the tracking, that's normal but what was bugged was that you need a blood track to resume the dog tracking, by design you only need a blood track to start then if the dog loose track you can resume from any track, blood or normal, as long be of the same animal of course, and this was finally fixed according to a Status updates not long ago, like 2 weeks ago, but if is still needing blood tracks to resume the tracking then is still a bug and need to be reported again since it was stated as "fixed" in a recent SU, the one of 28th November 2018 if my memory serves me right.
They've fixed it, yeah. Mine can be put back on the track on any regular track now, which is pretty neat! I think abslayer's generally angry that it's not tracking past blood trails ending, and didn't know that this is by design.

But yeah, abslayer, if you aren't kneeling and your dog isn't alerting put in a bug report in the bug report section.
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

I have found today unless there are continuous blood tracks the dog gives up and a ? sign appears
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

Now i'm not sure I was going to buy this dog because I don't hunt ducks but still wanted a Dog to take out with me that would still be useful. I might still buy it just to have a Dog with me but this make me think twice about it. There are very few things that I have prob tracking after a shot Wolves being one of the few things. Anyways i'll prob still buy one.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

greylaghunter wrote:I have found today unless there are continuous blood tracks the dog gives up and a ? sign appears
What level is the dog? that happens a lot in low level dogs(under20) because he "is a puppy in training" but if this make you feel better, it happens a lot in dogs level40+ too, because "who the he!! know", it was designed to be imperfect at tracking, but come on, the Scent hound failing because was a "puppy" thing by design is bad but i can understand the logic of the idea... but at level 40 is no longer a puppy and still fail and is not a bug, that's how was made from day one because somebody was thinking that players would enjoy train the dog... for the rest of their game life :roll:

By the way, i wish a facepalm emoticon every time i have to write about the Mule hound, i mean Scent hound, i use him more like a mule than for tracking actually.

Edit: snakeyes if you want a dog for ducks, go with the retriever, that is a dog that works like a charm, if you want a companion in every hunt and you are confident about your tracking of wounded animals then Pointer is your dog, he also works like charm, and would help to detect those small rabbits, ptarmigans, coyotes, etc, and if you can add a backpack, the extra space is a plus that you wont regret to buy if you carry a dog with you a lot. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Kennel”