Blood hound needs some serious work

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

This dog isn't working like a real tracking dog.
He is program to track only blood and that is a big problem.
It seems EW has stop blood letting by wounded animals after 3 or 4 tracks that have been shot any where but lungs.
And this dog only tracks blood REALY
This is a real problem with dog as when you really need him he stops tracking
Needs to be fixed please.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Re: Blood hound needs some serious work

Post by HawkEye81 »

There are at least tens of forum posts about how bugged is this dog and with zero response from the team, it seems this is the way this company respect the players who are paying monthly membership and buying the new stuff, just like many of us bought that dog that's in different stages of bugging since months and months...
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Well if not fixed
I would strongly not recommend BUY IT
As he is while cute he doesn't work as a blood hound should NOT EVEN CLOSE
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Solution
#1 When animal is wounded keep blood in tracks.
#2 Once dog is on blood trail on shot animal dog should be able to track him down blood or no blood
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

abslayer wrote:Solution
#2 Once dog is on blood trail on shot animal dog should be able to track him down blood or no blood
This was just added in one of the most recent game updates. Might have even been the last one, I'll have to go dig it up. But now if your dog gives you the "?" while tracking a wounded animal, you can send him back to tracking using the animal's closest track, blood or not.

EDIT: According to the game update from November 28, 2018: "Scent Hounds that have lost their track will be able to track again from their last found clue, even if it’s not a blood clue."
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Not on my hound just sits there until I find new blood on trail
And even if he did the command is greyed out until a new blood on trail is found
khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

They simply loose the track much to often, even my dog at lvl42 only tracks 1 of 3 to end
Yes, after the first blood tracks every track is ok, but often they simply refuse to sesrch on...
All dogs need some reworking:
the blood hounds simply track.
The pointer gets terrible the more it lvls, it is too slow wen it gets on track from 200m and points from too far away!
And the retriver ( right now the best one) got recently a fine bug were it runs to the pray and simply stands there till you retrive i yourself.
I love the dogs in the game and have them all ... but right now almost the only funcion they have is as pack mules... :(
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

My retriever works just great on birds and rabbit's , really great fun working with this dog.

But my blood hound count not find a dead animal in a slaughter house .
I put him on lung shot deer track with blood all the way to dead animal and he has not problem.

So problem solution is the shot animals in game need to drop blood all the way to they die.
Then blood hound would work like intended.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

There goes my Blood Hound
He track right over moose and get right on going Just needs WORK
Next moose he when over and started to bark Only works about 50% of the time even if there is blood
And if no blood in tracks after a while HE JUST DOES NOT WORK
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

abslayer wrote:Not on my hound just sits there until I find new blood on trail
And even if he did the command is greyed out until a new blood on trail is found
You might have a new bug, because they absolutely did fix it. Mine can be put back on a track that has no blood. Make sure you're standing on the track when you try to give the command.

HOWEVER, a Coonhound in this game (they are not bloodhounds) can't track an animal that's not going to bleed to death. If you get a bad shot with a gun, and the animal will return to "roaming" and not die, the dog will stop tracking it. If you bow-shot it, however, the animal will always die no matter where you hit it, so the dog will never stop tracking it.

While I still think the tracking shouldn't rely on blood, they have vastly improved it--it was very, very buggy before, and losing tracks at water, throwing lots of "?" etc. The dev team has DEFINITELY been working on it. There's been periodic bug fixes and my dog now works fine. It a. tracks bleeding animals; b. doesn't randomly lose the track; c. can be put back on the track with any track now; d. doesn't lose tracks over water anymore; e. can now be used (supposedly) in Multiplayer finally; f. can be commanded again to track when you're kneeling. As far as I'm concerned, that leaves exactly 0 bugs.
abslayer wrote:There goes my Blood Hound
He track right over moose and get right on going Just needs WORK
Next moose he when over and started to bark Only works about 50% of the time even if there is blood
If you are kneeling, the dog will also be "stealthy" and will return to you with a "?" upon finding a downed animal, rather than barking. Put it back on the trail, and stand up.

Return to “Kennel”