Pointer unable to detect Mule on Loggers?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Pointer unable to detect Mule on Loggers?

Post by Bumblewoot »

My German Pointer is level 35 and is not able to detect mule deer on Loggers Point. Ran tests on both single and multiplayer. Dog was unable to detect different mule deer doe herds at 160m, 120m, and less than 80m. Tried a few different herds in different sessions. Also tried to detect a mule deer buck at same distances. Mule buck was 60m away gave dog command to search for deer dog could not detect it.

Dog is able to detect whitetail deer on loggers out to its current range just fine (160m) Rabbits and pheasant all working as intended, also it detects bobcat.

Looking for others to confirm. Under no scenario can I get a mule deer to get detected from my dog on loggers. Have not tried Timbergold.

Thanks.
EndPin
Scout

Re: Pointer unable to detect Mule on Loggers?

Post by EndPin »

This seems to be true in Timbergold also. Boomer nearly walked right up to a mule doe and never detected her. Boomer is level 34.

Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

EndPin wrote:This seems to be true in Timbergold also. Boomer nearly walked right up to a mule doe and never detected her. Boomer is level 34.
Thanks for checking Timbergold. I assume in the programming it is Dog track mule deer = False. hehe Hopefully the dog will track mule in the future. So far I have confirmed cottontail, pheasant, whitetail, coyote, and sitka working.
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

on loggers my german pointer level 35 could not detect the whitetail standing before it
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

Made a little short clip showing the pointer unable to detect mule on loggers (with a couple other bugs):

Dazakiwi34

Post by Dazakiwi34 »

Is this problem still an issue? or has it been fixed?
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

My question is are pointers worth it?!?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Dazakiwi34 wrote:Is this problem still an issue? or has it been fixed?
This has been resolved :)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Hynu wrote:My question is are pointers worth it?!?
I guess the answer to this depends on what you buy the pointer for?
If you bought the pointer because you wanted a good bird dog that does what a Bird dog should then no it is not worth it since it does not flush or retrieve.
If you bought it to be a dog to search for deer then maybe it is worth it.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Hynu wrote:My question is are pointers worth it?!?
As said above depends on what you want:

If you need a dog to help you to find those little critters like rabbits or ptarmigans that hide well in the grass, then yes. For yotes and foxes yeah maybe, but they can be attracted and not so hard to spot, for bobcats yeah probably if you don't want use a lure.

But, if you think that a Pointer gonna take you to a trophy deer(or any other animal), nop, sorry but that is not like it works, the Pointer will find a deer tracks or detect a nearby deer, and will lead you after that deer, but it can be a lousy small buck or a doe, so if you are after big trophies you better track the deer with your HM, judging your self the tracks, after all deer aren't the hardest animal to track.

Just an example, when you use it in Loggers to search rabbits/birds it will lead you after female pheasant a lot, unless you are in a area where there is many rabbit tracks and no pheasant around.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Kennel”