Pointer unable to detect Mule on Loggers?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Re: Pointer unable to detect Mule on Loggers?

Post by HawkEye81 »

I mostly use my pointer for rabbits and foxes, for foxes in the open areas of WR and BRR is really good as most of the times I don't even have to wait until the dog is pointing at the fox, I just have to look in what direction he's heading to see that fox.On maps that have deer and felines in the same area I rarely use it because I don't know what he's tracking but I like to use it for pheasants especially in Hirshfielden and for rabbits in VDB.
Dazakiwi34

Re: Pointer unable to detect Mule on Loggers?

Post by Dazakiwi34 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Dazakiwi34 wrote:Is this problem still an issue? or has it been fixed?
This has been resolved :)
That's good news! I recently got a pointer and had watched Bumblewoot's earlier vids about them where this issue was mentioned. My pointer is now lvl 25 and i had a good hunt with him after Red Fox the other night on Hirschfelden. The other question are they worth getting? I think it definitely is. The Red Fox for example i think are usually on the move alot, so if you are tracking by yourself and lose the trail and have to cast about to find it again you can fall further behind. Although it can just be easier to wait until they call and lure them to you. But its definitely fun working with the dog to track it down. Even handy to come across tracks which if you wanted to do the track yourself you could just have the dog follow you.

The dog had tracked the fox across a clearing and the fox had stopped facing away at the edge of the forest and i took aim across the clearing, and i rushed things a bit because it looked like the fox was about to move into the trees so i shot a little too soon and completely missed. But 20 mins later after going after the same fox we managed to get it. There were times i was lagging in terms of too far back where the dog would point and when i got to where the dog is i couldn't see the fox, but on this map in the forest it can be hard anyway.

Finally on a creek bank where it pointed across the way i spotted it and got it. Earlier at one point the fox had cross the river and went up river for about 20m before actually crossing over, i may of not picked up on this as the track on the river bend pointed into the forest so the dog definitely helped speed up the tracking down the fox. I guess using a dog there is the risk of the dog spooking the animal if it turns around or the wind changes direction and the other thing i noticed is that when walking crouched the dog also walking can move a little bit faster than you- so i had to time my stand and walk to cut the distance down a bit which i think adds to the fun in terms of balancing game play and risk and reward. But anyway you do get this feeling you are working together.

Return to “Kennel”