German pointer dog

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: German pointer dog

Post by J_Birdman »

TheSheWolf wrote:Mine has gone down to "Ok" after one track, which is--very worrying, especially considering how long it'll take to level them up as they only gain XP from an actual find.
They only get Exp from an actual find? Did they change it? I thought all dogs got a certain degree of Exp for every successful command, no matter which.(sit, stay, lay down, in/out blind, fetch, etc), with their main command giving far more Exp than the lesser/common commands. I never owned a scent hound but I'm thinking about one now, I wonder if they're different, too. I remember a retriever chart in the Wiki, I'll have to take another look at the hounds.
Last edited by J_Birdman on July 4th, 2018, 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

J_Birdman wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:Mine has gone down to "Ok" after one track, which is--very worrying, especially considering how long it'll take to level them up as they only gain XP from an actual find.
They only get Exp from an actual find? Did they change it? I thought all dogs got a certain degree of Exp for every successful command, no matter which.(sit, stay, lay down, in/out blind, fetch, etc), with their main command giving far more Exp than the lesser/common commands. I never owned a scent hound but I'm thinking about one now, I wonder if they're different, too. I remember a retriever chart in the Wiki, I'll have to take another look at the hounds.
Sorry, I should clarify--they do get a tiny amount of xp from commands, yes. BUT, they don't get any from tracking time. Ex. with a scent hound, every blood track/footstep track gives them some XP. With the pointers, they can follow the tracks for a bit but only get Xp on a successful point. If they're exhausted after only a few, you'd need FAR too many hunts to get to deer etc.

Honestly I hope they up XP gains across the board. My scenthound is still level 30-odd, as I play only occasionally, and it's a little disheartening having it take so long!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

TheSheWolf wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:
Sorry, I should clarify--they do get a tiny amount of xp from commands, yes. BUT, they don't get any from tracking time. Ex. with a scent hound, every blood track/footstep track gives them some XP. With the pointers, they can follow the tracks for a bit but only get Xp on a successful point. If they're exhausted after only a few, you'd need FAR too many hunts to get to deer etc.

Honestly I hope they up XP gains across the board. My scenthound is still level 30-odd, as I play only occasionally, and it's a little disheartening having it take so long!
Play more! :p

#1 Reason to level a dog up to 50; No more need to treat! Really, it was unbelievably "freeing" when that day came and I no longer had to treat/carry that weight for my retriever. Then again, that was pre-doggy backpack. :P

But ok good, even though it's a relatively tiny amount of Exp for the common commands it all adds up! ..and greatly subtracts from my gm$ wallet for those treats!

Oh, and nice looking pooch! I still haven't decided which to get yet and have been leaning toward that exact gender/color, but I dunno. I want all three dogs(if I get the hound too) to look very different, I'll figure it out. :lol:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I think I got it; I think the way the Browns are dual-colored will help with seeing them better against different backdrops, so a brown female pointer to go with my fox red female retriever, Fireball, with a dark male hound if/when I pull that trigger. Phew, now time to go be late for a cookout. :lol:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

J_Birdman wrote: Play more! :p

#1 Reason to level a dog up to 50; No more need to treat! Really, it was unbelievably "freeing" when that day came and I no longer had to treat/carry that weight for my retriever. Then again, that was pre-doggy backpack. :P

But ok good, even though it's a relatively tiny amount of Exp for the common commands it all adds up! ..and greatly subtracts from my gm$ wallet for those treats!
The retriever levels up INCREDIBLY quickly compared to the scent hound. My retriever is level 18 and I can count the number of duck/goose hunts I've been on on two hands :lol: Basically I prefer deer, and very rarely touch birds even though I've bought setups for them. Yet with the scenthound I've tracked -hundreds- of bow-shot animals quite some distance and she's still not even level 40. I am primarily a deer/elk hunter who uses a bow, so you'd THINK I'd have a 50 scenthound, but it just takes too long. I'm generally busy full-time and this is only one of a few hobbies of mine so I can't spend too much time on it! (Sadly.)
Last edited by TheSheWolf on July 5th, 2018, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I had a choc retr. and a coon with light skin. So I went for the combo coloured one. As if i Fused it together!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

TheSheWolf wrote:
J_Birdman wrote: Play more! :p

The retriever levels up INCREDIBLY quickly compared to the scent hound. My retriever is level 15 and I can count the number of duck/goose hunts I've been on on two hands :lol: Basically I prefer deer, and very rarely touch birds even though I've bought setups for them. Yet with the scenthound I've tracked -hundreds- of bow-shot animals quite some distance and she's still not even level 40. I am primarily a deer/elk hunter who uses a bow, so you'd THINK I'd have a 50 scenthound, but it just takes too long. I'm generally busy full-time and this is only one of a few hobbies of mine so I can't spend too much time on it! (Sadly.)
Just on this note, I will have to confirm it when I get back to work because I didn’t see it in the patch notes today. But I think you can now reward the blood hound for successful tracking with treats, which should make it level up quicker
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Just on this note, I will have to confirm it when I get back to work because I didn’t see it in the patch notes today. But I think you can now reward the blood hound for successful tracking with treats, which should make it level up quicker
Ahh, that would be awesome!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

TheSheWolf wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Ahh, that would be awesome!
If it did happen, it should be easy to testi imagine
QuickViper

Post by QuickViper »

Excuse me, where I can read what exactly can do this dog in the game?

Return to “Kennel”