German pointer dog

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
supercelldrw
Hunter

German pointer dog

Post by supercelldrw »

I'm not familiar with this, but is this a scent type of dog that points in direction of Example pheasants or rabbit that are burrowed down?
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: German pointer dog

Post by DYEUZ »

What is a pointer dog used for?
A pointing breed is a type of gundog typically used in finding game. Gundogs are traditionally divided into three classes: retrievers, flushing dogs, and pointing breeds. The name pointer comes from the dog's instinct to point, by stopping and aiming its muzzle towards game.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

<Topic Moved To Kennel>

You are correct, pointers are generally used for scenting and tracking game, and pointing at it when they locate it. They are wonderful high energy dogs that usually love to work. I have had the pleasure of hunting pheasants over a german short-haired pointer in real life a handful of times. It definitely made for an enjoyable experience!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

supercelldrw wrote:I'm not familiar with this, but is this a scent type of dog that points in direction of Example pheasants or rabbit that are burrowed down?
German-shorthaired pointer,... yes... it gets close to the game then points with stance. It's a great bird dog!
But in theHunter game hunting dog types are not allowed to really hunt like they do because they consider it cheating in comps. The retriever is the only one that partially
does its hunting role to only retrieve.
https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/german-s ... d-pointer/
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Be interesting to see what graham shows us on live stream
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

supercelldrw wrote:Be interesting to see what graham shows us on live stream
I wonder if they'll let this dog do all his hunting roles on land & water.... ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well sound like a real useful dog for bird hunting irl, but in game do we really need a dog to find and flush pheasants? now if this dog can find and point where a ptarmigan is hiding so i can get there with my shotgun and flush the bird... then that's something i would really love, because yes, i am really bad at finding ptarmigans. Now my question is, if after find the critter, it will also retrieve it once dead?
'

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

VonStratos wrote: if after find the critter, it will also retrieve it once dead?
'
Yeah , will be nice to see what this mutt does . Imagine if he retrieves also . What will i do with my golden retriever Rellik ? :?
And if he doesn't retrieve , i will bring both dogs in a hunt with me ? :shock: Yikes ! Will make for a busy hunter , with commands .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

DYEUZ wrote:
VonStratos wrote: if after find the critter, it will also retrieve it once dead?
'
Yeah , will be nice to see what this mutt does . Imagine if he retrieves also . What will i do with my golden retriever Rellik ? :?
And if he doesn't retrieve , i will bring both dogs in a hunt with me ? :shock: Yikes ! Will make for a busy hunter , with commands .
You'll have lots of time to give commands, you never shoot anything worth pointing at or retrieving. :lol: :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

stancomputerhunter wrote:You'll have lots of time to give commands, you never shoot anything worth pointing at or retrieving. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Kennel”