Dog Theory (re: poor dog performance)

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Dog Theory (re: poor dog performance)

Post by TheSheWolf »

So, after having severe issues with my scenthound for awhile, she seemed to go back to relative normal after a great deal of use.

I then popped out my Retriever for a go at some geese, and for some reason, the Retriever was again acting like a lvl 1--with ? at almost every command, at first.

When I got my scenthound back out, she was tracking horribly again, losing even heart/lung bow shots on deer who I can see dead a bit ahead.* She is level 34 with max blood trail tracking iirc.

So... Though the dogs still DISPLAY as the correct level, could they be "resetting" back to lvl 1 performance any time you switch dog? Can anyone else test this? It's of course most likely complete coincidence but it does have me wondering.

(*to note, I was not kneeling--I'm aware they return without barking if you're kneeling. She was actually losing the trail.)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Dog Theory (re: poor dog performance)

Post by SoftShoe »

I have noticed the same thing. I have been using my scenthound for awhile & decided to do the same thing, have a crack at geese & my retriever (lvl 16) was acting like she had never done it before. It seemed like after a retrieving a few birds she got better though.

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Yes. Took my retriever out(Lvl 50) goosing the other day for the first time in months. She usually fails my very first retrieve command of every hunt I use her in, then she's good to go for the rest. This time she failed many retrieves throughout the hunt. Oh, and once got stuck inside the blind ..and also got stuck on the outside of the blind. The dogs are pathetic, always have been. Such a huge fumble, and then, nothing from EW but nonchalance. They got their money, why fix them.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

J_Birdman wrote:Yes. Took my retriever out(Lvl 50) goosing the other day for the first time in months. She usually fails my very first retrieve command of every hunt I use her in, then she's good to go for the rest. This time she failed many retrieves throughout the hunt. Oh, and once got stuck inside the blind ..and also got stuck on the outside of the blind. The dogs are pathetic, always have been. Such a huge fumble, and then, nothing from EW but nonchalance. They got their money, why fix them.
sorry, cant add anything to that theory theshewolf, but i wouldnt wondering if it was the case.

@j_birdmann: you are right; i never will understand why dogs dont get any attention from ew-side as they are obviously annoying on so many levels. especially losing the track of a bodyshot animal makes me go " :evil: :? :oops: :cry: "

Return to “Kennel”