Witch dog shloud i buy?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
flinter is the best

Witch dog shloud i buy?

Post by flinter is the best »

i am thinking of buying a scent hound but i see 4 dogs available is there any difference in female or male and what sloud i buy?
xOEDragonx

Re: Witch dog shloud i buy?

Post by xOEDragonx »

The four available scent hounds all function exactly the same. The differences (light coat vs. dark coat and female vs male) are cosmetic only. With that being said, pick whichever one you want.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Also i recommend pick a dog backpack to maximize the dog utility while lvling, because it wont track too much at first but can carry items, and dog treats to maximize the leveling speed.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I wouldn't bother with those treats. Only 2xp per. Not worth it imo. Every command your dog obeys is 2xp.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Agree with Seifer . As for the equipment for the dog , i wouldn't bother . I keep the equipment and treats for me . But , that's just me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Seifer wrote:I wouldn't bother with those treats. Only 2xp per. Not worth it imo. Every command your dog obeys is 2xp.

But the dog only gains 200% exp, according to the stamina and how tired is the dog, 200% only if is in refreshed, plus a small bonus from the dog treat, and not every command gives the same amount of exp points, in the case of the scent hound the command is blood tracking i think, so the optimal way to lvl up would be give a treat every time the dog understand that command and is on refreshed state, the details are in the wiki, but anyway i think don't worth buy the treats with ems, only gms, and only if the leveling is too heavy on the owner, and can afford them or want that little extra bonus. i used treats to fast lvl to the point where the stamina could keep my dog refreshed most of the hunt, after that i agree there is no real need of treats ;)

Also the equipment, yeah i don't have the backpack yet, but looking back at the time when i was leveling the dog and he couldnt track a "·"!$"· i wish i had something to make him more usseful, but also depend on how much someone will be hunting along the dog, and how much equipment carries on the hunts.

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dogs

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Get the purdy one.

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I've found that the best way to level your dog is to body shot something with a bow and run after it with your dog in tow it till it dies. Every tracking dome your dog runs through is worth 8xp while it's refreshed. A whole bag of treats is only 200xp. I can get that and more from tracking one animal.
Edit: The dark coat is not quite as dark as I would've liked ;)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

What is a Witch dog?
I've heard of demon dogs, and Hell hounds,..
but I would stay away from any of those............ :shock:

The dogs are not hunting dogs in the game,... they just like to follow you around mostly and play fetch.
Which dog you want really doesn't matter as long as you have it as a pet and companion,
don't expect it to do any real hunting work and you will be satisfied with either of them.
I'd suggest the retriever though if you duck hunt or small game hunt, because it can at least fetch sometimes.
flinter is the best

Post by flinter is the best »

Gas56 seems to be the kind of person that looks every singe word under a microscope even if he understands it :D

Return to “Kennel”