dog camo

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: dog camo

Post by VonStratos »

ChiefFeathers wrote:My dog has spooked a bunch of animals as sometimes I don't have the time to tell him to laydown, just 5 minutes ago, there was a doe.. They're silly , first 40m then when I saw it again it was 20, so I went crawling and dog were the one to spook it.
I just looked at my dog and said.. Realy boy?.. As I then look at the doe run off in the distance.. Sigh -.-

Damn dog, it's not the first time lol, can be so annoying at times I just wanna dissmiss it or even wish I didn't bring it for the time being lol.
But I've been considering the camo indeed, but was also wondering how good it cud be.
Also, my dog is level 21.. Does the higher level dogs also lie down as you lie down?
Cause mine sit (eventualy) as I crouch.

I happened a lot to me when i first bought the scent dog, but then i assigned the "lay down" to an easy to reach key(C key in my case) and voila, it helps a lot when you come up front with an animal that you didn't see. that can save the precious seconds to get both you and your dog in crouch and hidden before be detected by the animal, camo may grant another seconds more in that situation.

And yes there is a skill "Follow Stance" that make your dog imitate your stance, if you walk crouch he does the same, the higher the skill the more he can mimic and remain in your stance, but at 21 the skill is lvl2 but lvl up at 22, its a six levels skill so its only halfway to be fully a ninja partner, mine its a 36 and lv4 at that skill and its quite good, no perfect but good.
here you can see the skill progress chart:

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dogs

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ChiefFeathers

Post by ChiefFeathers »

Another thing about dog camo, does the backpacks work as camo aswell?
Cause I noticed there's only summer field vest for dog ;S
So there is a summer FOREST backpack and I was wondering if that works as camo?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

ChiefFeathers wrote:Another thing about dog camo, does the backpacks work as camo aswell?
Cause I noticed there's only summer field vest for dog ;S
So there is a summer FOREST backpack and I was wondering if that works as camo?

Actually i wonder the same, i hope it does, but i don't know.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Kennel”