Dog treats expired?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Longmann
Scout

Dog treats expired?

Post by Longmann »

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to feed a retriever with treats bought long tima ago? I just lost 2 treats i had bought in february 2016. No animation, no effect on the retriever but 2 treats are gone.
I'm aware of how the system with dogs and treats works but after reaching a maximum level there was no need to feed my animal until today, after many "fetches".
I've also sent a ticket to the support, will report how it goes.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
xOEDragonx

Re: Dog treats expired?

Post by xOEDragonx »

It looks like your only retriever is already level 50, which as far as I know is the max level. I don't imagine feeding any max level dog with treats would have any effect on them anymore, in terms of level or experience. You could give him treats for the sake of realism, but why would they have any effect if the dog is already max level? You say there was no need to feed him until today, what made today any different?

Also, there have been many times where I've given my dog a treat but if he is doing any other animation other than sitting or standing still when offered the treat (i.e. setting a bird down, walking, etc) he won't do the animation or make the awful mouth noises but his experience goes up anyway. Perhaps this was the case for these two instances?
Longmann
Scout

Re: Dog treats expired?

Post by Longmann »

xOEDragonx wrote:It looks like your only retriever is already level 50, which as far as I know is the max level. I don't imagine feeding any max level dog with treats would have any effect on them anymore, in terms of level or experience. You could give him treats for the sake of realism, but why would they have any effect if the dog is already max level? You say there was no need to feed him until today, what made today any different?

Also, there have been many times where I've given my dog a treat but if he is doing any other animation other than sitting or standing still when offered the treat (i.e. setting a bird down, walking, etc) he won't do the animation or make the awful mouth noises but his experience goes up anyway. Perhaps this was the case for these two instances?
Just checked how treats affect dogs and it does only add a small XP amount. My bad, I was somehow convinced it also affects its stamina.

At first I thought there must have been some change I'd missed but it's probably that way forever, I don't know where I got this idea. Sorry for the confusion.

With animation I was having in mind "the awful mouth noises" while he was chewing. After giving him a treat I was expecting to hear that crunchy sound I remeber from the times I was still "training" him. In this case he was not doing any other stuff than standing in front of me after a successful fetch while I offered him a treat. Even if so it's only a minor thing that doesn't bother me at all.
Thanks for your reply.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.

Return to “Kennel”