Scenthound behaving weird and much worse at tracking since last update

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
GunnyMac22

Re: Scenthound behaving weird and much worse at tracking since last update

Post by GunnyMac22 »

Mine hadn't been the same since the pointer came out, the last patch helped a lot but I sure miss my old dog, He was better @ lvl 37 then he is now @ lvl 47.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

To be honest I was thinking the same thing last night. Mine is a lvl 43 but she sure doesn't feel like it :?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Mine is 37 and some times still gets the "?" just before find the animal right ahead of him. Something wasn't fixed is that before you needed a blood track to start, but you could resume a tracking from any track after that, now you need comeback to a blood track to resume the tracking when the dog loose the tracks.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

VonStratos wrote:Mine is 37 and some times still gets the "?" just before find the animal right ahead of him. Something wasn't fixed is that before you needed a blood track to start, but you could resume a tracking from any track after that, now you need comeback to a blood track to resume the tracking when the dog loose the tracks.
I second that. Mine used to be able to pick up the track from non-blood tracks. Now it has to be a blood track.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

The blood hound is still not working good, my dog has Footprint Tracking lvl 3 and he's still not able to track wounded animals only from the tracks, in case he will loose the track I have to go back where the blood track was and give him the command to track again, before the pointer release he was able to track an wounded animal from any track and in case he lost the track I only had to go back to the closer last track and continue from there.I also noticed that now he's not picking every track so lvl up him is much harder, he's skipping tracks and he will not take xp.
He's still going in front of my shoots and block them :( , I've tried some hunts lately in TGT bighorn area with him and he's blocking around 20% or even more of my shots not to mention that he's getting stuck in rocks A Lot of times when he's tracking and after approx one minute of being stuck he gives the ? icon and stop tracking. Unfortunately it's already more than one month since he's bugged and we are still waiting for a fix... how much time we will have to wait ?
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

I've noticed the dog not being able to pick back up on tracks also, and he seems to be slower than before .

HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

I also saw that he's tracking slower I remember him going real fast before, he have tracking speed skill lvl 3 but now he's moving like at lvl 1, I'm pretty sure that dog skills are bugged as long footprint tracking is not working either... also he failed tracking few animals with intestines hit.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah but actually not every time that scent hound lose track is for dog fault, nor player fault, i have seen many body shoots getting healed, and the animal returning to normal state, so the bleeding stop and the dog cant follow him anymore, and that with intestine shots!, is like a bug where the animal instead die gets fully restored, now i understand if the body shot went into a leg or a ear, but it happens with registered intestine shots, i think it have to do with the messed hitboxes, if that get fixed probably the scent hound tracking would improve as well.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
GunnyMac22

Post by GunnyMac22 »

I've been leveling my dog up using this mission " Harvest the male bison "Buffalo Bill" last seen at the "Windy Hill" (X: -6464, Y: -10096) using any permitted revolver without a scope." I shoot him with an arrow in the rear end and track him across the map, I did it for two months before the patch from lvl 10 ~ 37 so I became vary familiar with old Duke, I could trust him to stay on track as I often went astray killing other animals, if I strayed to far he would wait for me on track, now he has some pointer traits like when you shoot the pointer returns to you, the scent hound will lose the track and he will go where you look. My dog is now lvl 48 and I can out track him and before I couldn't.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

My blood hound count not find a dead animal in a slaughter house .

Return to “Kennel”