Scenthound behaving weird and much worse at tracking since last update

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: Scenthound behaving weird and much worse at tracking since last update

Post by Schlachtwolf »

abslayer wrote:My blood hound count not find a dead animal in a slaughter house .
That's a cracker.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

ACSoft

Re: Scenthound behaving weird and much worse at tracking since last update

Post by ACSoft »

While testing and trying to level up my Scent Hound, I had the following situation yesterday:
I hit a bear with my 7mm magnum and he died 1 second late. He fall 2,3 meters farther than the initial blood clue. Nevertheless, by curiosity, I decided to send the dog. Guess what ? The dog NEVER founded the bear. He passed over his body, even pushed the poor dead bear body BUT NEVER FOUND IT (never barked) !!!

Devs, common, you can do better than that !!!

All the tests I have made so far really demonstate how VERY BAD is this Scent Hound dog simulation. In fact, it is very simple, in the actual state (level 13), my dog is just 100% USELESS !!! All the search he succeed, the hunter himself can easily found the animal alone. All the search where it would precious the dog REALLY HELP and found almost sometimes, just ALWAYS fail and the new possibility to re-track the dog DOES NOT CHANGE NOTHING. If he fail with the "?", you can re-track him 10, 20 times, he will ALWAYS fail again. This is probably because the wounded animal is not going to die. I have followed several wounded bears for hours and several km, but NEVER rejoinded the animal. Very strange when it is known that the animal was wounded with .340 weatherby magnum mun (or 7mm magnum) in the plain middle of the body. Why we never rejoin the wounded animal, still alive and slowly, desesperately, painfully trying to escape ?

Finally, it would be also a good idea to always display the dog status (if the dog is or not still searching), because it is easy to miss the "?" behavior.

Devs, PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO IMPROVE THIS DOG AND DO IT NOW !!!

Return to “Kennel”