dog backpack?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: dog backpack?

Post by VonStratos »

A tip that can help with commands for the dog is to assign the "lay down" and "come to hunter" to easy reachable keys, i have my "lay down" to C key so its easy to press with mi finger in case that i need "hide" the dog quickly, or make him wait while i go ahead to check an area, or hear/see an animal near, then i call him pressing down the mouse wheel when i want to call him back, the other commands are not so imperative so i can use the interface for that.

But back on topic backpack its useful, its just that scent dogs are a pia to level and pretty much useless till reach a high lvl, with the back pack it would be more a mule than a dog for a while :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

VonStratos wrote:A tip that can help with commands for the dog is to assign the "lay down" and "come to hunter" to easy reachable keys, i have my "lay down" to C key so its easy to press with mi finger in case that i need "hide" the dog quickly, or make him wait while i go ahead to check an area, or hear/see an animal near, then i call him pressing down the mouse wheel when i want to call him back, the other commands are not so imperative so i can use the interface for that.

But back on topic backpack its useful, its just that scent dogs are a pia to level and pretty much useless till reach a high lvl, with the back pack it would be more a mule than a dog for a while :lol:
This gets involved after awhile. What key do you use for running? The default is C.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I use the left shift for run/walk, left alt to crouch, x to stand, C key for dog, all at reach of my thumb and my little finger, since i played some fps before and got used to that configuration, I try to keep the most used actions in reach of my left hand, and reassign the default action to another key if there is need.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

VonStratos wrote:I use the left shift for run/walk, left alt to crouch, x to stand, C key for dog, all at reach of my thumb and my little finger, since i played some fps before and got used to that configuration, I try to keep the most used actions in reach of my left hand, and reassign the default action to another key if there is need.
Well done. Unfortunately for me, the ALT key is the one I use to take screen shots, and save videos using Nvidia Shadow Play.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Timohasan

Post by Timohasan »

Backpack Versions for PB? Now I use for my dog 'Summer Camo'. But I understand that this variant of the coloring is not suitable for PB? Then can I use 'Blazing Orange'? The effect will be the same 'no effect' in the PB? :)

Return to “Kennel”