First Dog

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
pirahna590
Hunter

Re: First Dog

Post by pirahna590 »

I think the dog is probably one of the worst purchases Ive made to date in this game ... as I noted when they first came out, the dogs ability to track an find downed game from level 1 is absolutely unacceptable. I understand that as the levels increase, so does their ability to track an follow commands, BUT I feel that the dogs ability at level 1 is far below what a normal hunter would ever consider bringing said dog into the woods. I mean, the most simplest command ... " sit " " come " and " stay " ... at level 1, the dog rarely listens or understands, and forget a hunter, but NO dog owner would ever seriously consider bringing their dog into the woods if said dog wasnt on point with the most simplest commands ... that is, unless said person was deliberately trying to lose said dog in the woods with no intention of finding him an bringing home, essentially abandoning the dog.

Back to OP's question, my answer ... neither. Unless your going to dedicate yourself to training the dog to level 20 to have some real use of it, the purchase will be a waste of $$$$. I know, I have a retriever that while its my faithful an loving companion that LOVES to sit beside the fireplace as I read my paper ... in the woods, I just want to shoot the dog an give it a proper burial in the woods lol
Hunter96

Post by Hunter96 »

Haha, this one made me laugh. I think that retrivers are only good for thoose who hunt ducks and geese and don't wanna run around and collect them. That's the only benefit owning a dog in this game.
sindyciaray

Post by sindyciaray »

if you need to move around stands or take extra weapons for missions.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Hunter96 wrote:Haha, this one made me laugh. I think that retrivers are only good for thoose who hunt ducks and geese and don't wanna run around and collect them. That's the only benefit owning a dog in this game.
as long as you dont like to have a dog as companion; not even than. there would be a benefit if they were able to collect all with one command. but you have to give the command for every single duck/goose. so instead of having an advantage you have to give the dog an order plus collect them yourself, so one step more. there were wishes from the community that retrievers should be able to collect all shot ducks with one order but no reaction from ew whatsoever so far.

they only thing usefull in the moment is when you do some long range shooting on waterfowl.

have both dogs, but only use them < 1% of my games. as they are right now i have to say they are a bad purchase.

Return to “Kennel”