Why does the dog starts barking for no reason?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
JohanW2300

Why does the dog starts barking for no reason?

Post by JohanW2300 »

My sent-dog sometimes (level 23) somestimes starts barking for no reason. Why does it do that?? When that happens there's no trace of animal nearby. Is that a bug?? :?
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Why does the dog starts barking for no reason?

Post by Hawkeye »

JohanW2300 wrote:My sent-dog sometimes (level 23) somestimes starts barking for no reason. Why does it do that?? When that happens there's no trace of animal nearby. Is that a bug?? :?
He's just being a pup & barking at another animal nearby.
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

My dogs at lv 43 and sum times acts and barks like has found kill when not tracking and when animals not round so I think there is a bug
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

My dog is level 20 and I didn't see he barks so often. I only seen this once for about 4 month ago! And I hope I don't see it again! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

happened to me last night hunting on BRR no tracks or animals round as you can see far and started to do found kill bark and act
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Intended or not , my retriever often barks on Brr and Vdb if we are near rabbit warrens.
If he does that I scout around and often find the warrens within 100m or so.
Never had it happen with the scent hound.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Intended or not , my retriever often barks on Brr and Vdb if we are near rabbit warrens.
If he does that I scout around and often find the warrens within 100m or so.
Never had it happen with the scent hound.
It's intended. He's barking because he's young, there are animals nearby, and he doesn't know how to contain himself. Unfortunately, they "grow out" of that after a certain number of levels. I kind of liked using my retriever to help locate warrens when he was younger.
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

Both types of dog will bark when there is an animal near. It has happened many times with me. The dog will bark once. If it does, chances are there is an animal near. Could be a pig or a little bunny.

They have alerted me many time to an animal that I did not notice.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I find the barking by my retriever very helpful when hunting pheasant on loggers and cottontail rabbits because of the tall grass. My retriever skills are high enough now that when she barks, there is a pheasant hiding in the grass near by, so I shoulder my shotgun, give a whistle, and bam, bam...I have dinner on the table. Some players like turning their graphics down to hide the grass when hunting those species. I can only guess they were giving trophies for failing and losing when they were younger and told it's ok they don't have to challenge themselves and push themselves to learn and make themselves better when things are hard. So if you play with full graphics when hunting those species, your dog's bark can be very beneficial. If you play with low graphics then your dog's bark can be a nuisance.

Return to “Kennel”