Dog not appearing

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
chinook2835
Tracker

Dog not appearing

Post by chinook2835 »

Every time I go into a friends game my dog doesn't appear and I reset multiple times and it doesn't work help?
Longmann
Scout

Re: Dog not appearing

Post by Longmann »

It's a known thing and no workaround has been found yet. The problem seems to be related to a graphic card. There are several threads on this forum about dog not appearing.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

Hello chinook2835,

Out of interest - Which graphics card and driver version do you use? Also: Does the dog not appear at all or is it a case of it just is not displayed but you still get the options menu to control it?

Cheers,

Stefan
Epic_cloud_1

Post by Epic_cloud_1 »

Longmann wrote:It's a known thing and no workaround has been found yet. The problem seems to be related to a graphic card. There are several threads on this forum about dog not appearing.
I'm not sure you are right here as I go on my Husbands maps and I can't get both of my dogs out!!!! Been on my multiplayer tonight and I got both of the out single player has no Issue!!!
if it was the Graphic's card the dogs wouldn't come out on both,
I have the same Issue here and feel it's down to last update which has been done,
When I got my dogs a mouth ago had no Issue my dogs levels are : Male Retriever is level 12 and Male Scent Hound is level 14 please tell me if it was my Graphic's card how did I get them up to this level ???!!!???
Epic_cloud_1
Epic_cloud_1

Post by Epic_cloud_1 »

I have just had a brainwave here thinking back to when TimberGold trails Reserve has been put into the game both my hubby and I can't use the scent hound as they wouldn't track anything on the Reserve,
also we both had to delete thehunter and re-Install the game to play it and this is where this Issue has come from IMHO
Epic_cloud_1
Epic_cloud_1

Post by Epic_cloud_1 »

@Longmann if it was the Graphic's card there would be more Issue playing the game then the dogs IMHO sorry
Gazapo
Spotter

Post by Gazapo »

I have the same problem, just in some friends games i can have my scent but just in 1 or 2, the rest i cant have my dog on multiplayer friends games.I dont think is problem of my video card, becouse i can have the dogs on my games, singel and multiplayer,i think is a bug.
i have fx 6300 3.5
gtx 750 ti 2 gb (with last drivers)
8 gb ram

If anyone know how to fix, please tell us how we can do it.
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Epic_cloud1 wrote:@Longmann if it was the Graphic's card there would be more Issue playing the game then the dogs IMHO sorry
Possible. All i can tell is it doesn't work on my laptop with Radeon graphics, but it works ok on older low-end laptop with Intel. Still hoping it will be solved somehow one day.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Kaypain

Post by Kaypain »

For me my hound shows up on certain maps. On Timbergold that's where I had trouble. I don't think it's a graphic issue.

Because he shows up on other maps. And I brought the GPS in the store and that doesn't show up either on the Huntermate

He could have been of used because I lost track of a Grizzly Bear I wounded. It was my first one too Image
Dennis Borg
Hunter

Post by Dennis Borg »

I have tried to reproduce the issue without any success, I could use some more information so that I might be able to find the problem.

What is your internet speed?
How fast is the host internet? (If you know)
Does this always happen or only when the host have the dog out?

Return to “Kennel”