MP Retriever issues

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Jex_TE
Scout

MP Retriever issues

Post by Jex_TE »

We had a couple of issues with our dogs. Mine was level 20 my friends 15 and we were goose hunting. So making them fetch, my friend hosting, my dog would take it from my friends dog and then just stopped picking them up all together. She'd run to it but then come back empty mouthed (lol).

Yesterday I hosted a game but I was the only one in it (I always host MP in case a friend gets online) and my dog refused a treat 3 times after fetching a rabbit. Any dog I've ever known or owned has never refused any food and I wonder at the devs here and if any of them ever owned a dog lol - the slightest crinkle of a packet of biscuits and from deep sleep the ears twitch and the head snaps up, already drooling in anticipation of getting lucky.

One last thing, when taking trophy shots can my dog do the last command I gave it. The ****** keeps standing up and facing away from the sun, it's like she's deliberately trolling me lol. :lol:
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Re: MP Retriever issues

Post by Cartoon Head »

Couple of things to note with the dogs.

Leveling up is critical IMO, the lower level dogs aren't the smartest and they will give you a ? on a lot of commands, including treats.
Level 20 is still quite low so still some way to go there.

Also if a dog is sent to pick up a bid and for some reason it doesn't get that bird (another dog picked up or whatever)then it will not go again for that paticular bird.

And with trophy shots you can control your dog like you control your charachter, you can move around, sit and stand.

Now on top of all this their are anomaly's now and again with MP that no one can explain, it could be that too :p
Jex_TE
Scout

Re: MP Retriever issues

Post by Jex_TE »

Cartoon Head wrote:Couple of things to note with the dogs.

Leveling up is critical IMO, the lower level dogs aren't the smartest and they will give you a ? on a lot of commands, including treats.
Level 20 is still quite low so still some way to go there.

Also if a dog is sent to pick up a bid and for some reason it doesn't get that bird (another dog picked up or whatever)then it will not go again for that paticular bird.

And with trophy shots you can control your dog like you control your charachter, you can move around, sit and stand.

Now on top of all this their are anomaly's now and again with MP that no one can explain, it could be that too :p
Thanks Cartoon :),

No - the dog would run to the same bird and then make a grab animation, not pick it up and come running back and we both witnessed my dog drag it from the mouth of my mates dog from 20 yards away so it floated across to it.

As to the treats, why even code in that it doesn't know what it is - remove it, it doesn't represent reality in the slightest and needs taking out.

Didn't know you can move your dog so that's great! Can't wait to take my next pic then :)

Return to “Kennel”