Is the new Dog vest to expensive?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Is the new Dog vest to expensive?

Post by knott »

Oh is that teeth chattering? Makes sense I was at Whiterim I suppose. I did buy the orange vest which is supposed to give some warmth. Just figured it would make it easier to spot the dog :) His health didn´t seem to suffer. 150 % after some decent long hunt. Some travels to tents but they wheren´t heated variants.
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I think it was teeth chattering of the dog. I went back by myself, and never heard it again.
testbreaker
Tracker

Post by testbreaker »

The vests seem to be cosmetic, is the vest too expensive? yes if only cosmetic but no if a person wants one for his/her dog anyway.
HunterGirl
Scout

Post by HunterGirl »

Trackfield wrote:I did all three missions, without the vest, cause I do think it is way to expensive.

One the first 2 missions (they were short) I did not notice a strange sound, I can only explain as teeth chattering due to cold.
45 min hunt on the last mission, and at times I did hear that sound. It was not me, as I had all artic gear on.
I am guessing it was the dog ? But I saw no ill effects on it.

Did you have your artic gear on before you started the hunt or did you put it on after the whiterime map opened? I have found unless I put my artic gear on before entering the map, no matter how fast I try to get the artic gear on once map opened, my avator always makes the weird cold noises.
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

Valad question HunterGirl,

I got mission 2 done in Hemmeldal with the scent hound. Took a few tries, but upon taking mission 3 in WR, I actually went back to Hemmeldal for hmm, less than a minute to change to all artic clothing.
Really did not matter, as the tent I came in at in WR with the hound to hunt the one bison mission, was a heated tent.

I know if you come in WR and change clothes, without being at a lodge or heated tent, you will still get hypothermia.
But none the less, good question :)
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Unless they are adding WRR cold weather effects on the dogs, then the new winter vest are over priced for having no function. They are the same as the blaze orange vest and should have the same price pf 149 em$.
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

It isn't possible that it could aid in xp? A warm and happy dog gaining xp faster then a cold unhappy dog? Probably a stretch to say the least. ;)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

A warm vest made out of breathable fabric for your dog that will make sure it stays protected from icy winds and from rough undergrowth.
The price is ok if the protection was real.

On WRR we need arctic clothing, so why not add this feature to the dog aswell?

Let the dog get tired really quick on WRR if he has no warm winter vest.

MfG L.E.

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I really don´t understand why you guys advocate that the dogs is nerfed so you can pay more stuff with expensive em$. We don´t need freezing dogs or arctic clothing do we?
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

We don't need arctic clothing, but we have them ingame and they will NEVER be taken out.

So why not make this "feature" for the dogs also?

They can give a free "basic" arctic dog vest to everyone like with the clothing and a "better" one you can buy.

Just an idea.

MfG L.E.

Return to “Kennel”