How to rest the dog?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Shedalizzm
Tracker

How to rest the dog?

Post by Shedalizzm »

It says exhausted, so i told her to stay, and waited 3 min, but shes still exhausted??
killertut
Master Hunter

Re: How to rest the dog?

Post by killertut »

Shedalizzm wrote:It says exhausted, so i told her to stay, and waited 3 min, but shes still exhausted??
it takes longer for them to recover!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Fallkniven

Post by Fallkniven »

Think it was during the livestream it was mentioned that the dog recoups quicker in-game than when offline. Other than that it is still unknown how quckly they regain their stamina.
KnifeSmile
Scout

Post by KnifeSmile »

Also telling her to lie down or stay going to remove rather than increase stamina because stamina has to do with how many commands you've been giving. So give her ZERO commands and she should start to recover, based on what I saw in the livestream.

EDIT: If you've worked with dogs IRL and trained them you know what the stamina thing is about precisely. It's not their physical tiredness, it's their weariness with listening to orders and obeying regardless of what -they- want to do at that moment. A young, untrained pup is just plain not very willing to obey and quickly gets bored with training and obedience. Older, well-trained dogs have learned to be more patient and willing to comply, partly because they know they will be rewarded with your approval (and maybe a yummy with luck) and partly because they are simply more motivated to get your approval than a headstrong pup tends to be with (with exceptions between individual dogs, of course - I have an older female who is generally obedient but hates being asked to sit and becomes grouchy and uncompliant very quickly, just like she did as a pup, if I ask it of her too often in a given space of time!)

So given that, think of your dog's stamina in tH not as meaning the dog is well-rested or exhausted PHYSICALLY, but rather MENTALLY and in terms of their willingness and ability to pay attention and respond to training. That is why it affects their XP gain. If it were a physical stamina that would make no sense - you don't necessarily learn any better or worse just because you've been running around outside for a while. But you definitely learn best when you are mentally fresh, rested, and without any distracting clutter in your mind. Once you've already been working at learning for a while, even if motivated still, your brain starts to go mushy with all the input. Think about it - remember school? (For those of us old enough to be out of it. XD The younger ones here I'm sure know exactly what I'm talking about because they live it still!)
Last edited by KnifeSmile on June 10th, 2015, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

it gets stamina back as long as you do not use commands. just takes some time!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Got mine exhausted pretty quickly at 90% too, not moving anymore :p

And the most funny part when she was exhausted is that she didn't wanted to move, sitting in a side of the field, but if i ordered her to come i still have the exclamation mark on the screen, telling her to lay down then sit many times worked in this exhausted state, she just didn't wanted to come at me or do something else implying having to walk or run.

If only she wasn't getting out of the blind each time i do it, when i tell her to get inside the blind and then to lay down she should stay there even if i get out , maybe go to sitting position so she can see me around but not leave the blind, i waist stamina when i come back and have to order her to get in again it seems.

At 150% the distances she was able to fetch birds apparently decreased, at 175%+ she found birds 100m+ away, at 150% not getting one 80m away for example, not sure if it's a feature, needs more tests.

Hopefully with the stamina skill level increasing it will become way better, for now it goes out way too fast at level skill 2 for stamina and 8 or 9 for the dog itself, i didn't gave her so many orders, not that i think tho, but got her stuck in various things like tent, my blind or a second one and had to repeat commands to try to get her free from there, even had to move myself inside my second blind where she was stuck, order her to come inside the blind ( while she was already inside and stuck ) then order to get out of it before ordering again to fetch a bird.

We will see this with more playing time, for now she's taking a nap^^
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Interesting. I didn't realize until now that they didn't "rest" when restarting the hunt. Now I know why having a couple of dogs would work well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Return to “Kennel”