Dog feature - when? how much?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Ludante
Outfitter

Dog feature - when? how much?

Post by Ludante »

Hi,
anybody has any updates on - when can we expect dogs in the Hunter, how much will they cost?
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
killertut
Master Hunter

Re: Dog feature - when? how much?

Post by killertut »

Ludante wrote:Hi,
anybody has any updates on - when can we expect dogs in the Hunter, how much will they cost?
we now that they will cost less than 50$. pär confirmed this in the stream.
regarding release: i hope that they take enough time to polish the dog. the build they were using for the livestream was not yet ready and i would like them to release it in a couple of weeks.

edit: moved to "Puppy Corner"

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

killertut wrote:
Ludante wrote:Hi,
we now that they will cost less than 50$. pär confirmed this in the stream.
regarding release: i hope that they take enough time to polish the dog. the build they were using for the livestream was not yet ready and i would like them to release it in a couple of weeks.

edit: moved to "Puppy Corner"
Less than 50$ ? You mean like no more than 5683 em$?
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Rantanrave
Tracker

Post by Rantanrave »

Well, in the status update posted a few days ago, the developers wrote they they intend to release the dogs sometime this week.

As for the price, nothing has been said, except that it will be lower than 50$.

I think we can make an educated guess though.
The developers are thinking about making more breeds other than labs, which means that it would be foolish to go for a very high price, as it might scare people from buying more than 1 dog.
At the same time, they need to profit on these puppies, so they wont be dirt cheap either.

My guess would be that the dogs will end up around 1500-2000 EM$, with a lot of optional acsessories that comes at a fairly hefty price.

As I said, this is just an educated guess, I might be completely wrong here.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Thanks for the insight Ratanrave.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Rantanrave wrote: My guess would be that the dogs will end up around 1500-2000 EM$
I highly doubt dogs will be priced over 1000em$ because it's just optional to have like the Engraved weapons in the game. Nothing in the store is over 1000em$ (except bundles)
Also consider the accessories with the dogs like you've mentioned. I'm sure they will have a price tag too.

I'm thinking 1000em$ max for a dog and maybe 500em$ for an accessory.
Then again we could both be wrong here. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Durkaderr
Spotter

Post by Durkaderr »

1000em$ would be the max I would guess. I would be very surprised if it is higher. I'm going to go with 600em$-800em$ with accessory's in line with scopes (300-350em$)
JuanPanda
Spotter

Post by JuanPanda »

I would be slightly annoyed if it is 1000em$ but only because my current balance is 987em$ :) I guess I would have to buy more if that were the case! I always try to relate the prices set in theHunter to... "how much has this item cost per hour that I will use it" which usually works out pretty damn cheap. Having said that I think if multipe breeds is the way they are going to go 800-1000em$ seems fair, and I agree with accessories being inline with scope prices, maybe a bit cheaper as I imagine most will have limited or no practical use!
KnifeSmile
Scout

Post by KnifeSmile »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Rantanrave wrote: My guess would be that the dogs will end up around 1500-2000 EM$
I highly doubt dogs will be priced over 1000em$ because it's just optional to have like the Engraved weapons in the game. Nothing in the store is over 1000em$ (except bundles)
Also consider the accessories with the dogs like you've mentioned. I'm sure they will have a price tag too.

I'm thinking 1000em$ max for a dog and maybe 500em$ for an accessory.
Then again we could both be wrong here. :lol:
1000em for a dog and 500em for an accessory would be a wise and reasonable price IMO, speaking again from my ex-game-designer perspective. I honestly think they'd make hecka money with the dogs at 500 and the accessories at 100-350 depending on complexity and value (a leash that controls a low-level dog's crazy zooming around should be more expensive than a simple decorative collar that does nothing useful). But that doesn't mean they necessarily understand the benefits of low pricing short term for greater long-term gain. We'll see.
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

This is theHunter, a game which utilises a subscription and costly microtransactions. A fool and his money are easily parted and we are the fools.

Return to “Kennel”