Dog feature - when? how much?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
KnifeSmile
Scout

Re: Dog feature - when? how much?

Post by KnifeSmile »

Then why, exactly, are you still here and still playing, if you feel that way? I don't feel like a fool. I have spent exactly as much money on this game as I have wanted and been willing to spend and no more. I don't own every gun, camo suit, et cetera, in the game or even close to it. I own exactly as many as I personally want and feel a need to own. And even then I could've done with much less, but I felt a desire for more and so I bought it. The game did not force me to spend this money in any way, shape, or form. It is perfectly possible to play the game with minimal purchases and a simple subscription. Yes, they are not doing the micropay concept very well, that is true. They could stand to lower some prices and make some things more flexible if they want to earn more money. But frankly that is THEIR loss as a company more than OURS as players, because we still have the choice whether to buy a given thing or not. Beyond the actual subscription cost, EVERYTHING IS OPTIONAL. Never forget that.

Also, if you think people spend a lot on theHunter, you should check out some of the most popular web-based pet sites. The way people spend on those games - of their own accord, not because the game is a ripoff but because they just want to that much and the option exists - makes theHunter look laughably cheap. On Wajas.com, a single custom Waja pet costs a minimum of $20. Some cost as much as $70. Apiece. And mind you these are pieces of CLIP ART that can be given custom colors and markings from a limited pool but are basically just the same piece of art over and over again.

There are people with HUNDREDS of these customs. A surprisingly large number of people. Not to mention pricey accessories, wallpapers, and such to go with them. And almost everyone in the game who can manage to afford it, whether through spending or saving (within the in-game economy, another money fountain EW is failing to capitalize on here in tH), tries to get customs. They don't all succeed in getting a lot of them, but given that five basic customs is the equivalent of a hundred bucks... yeah. Wajas.com makes a good chunk of money, or at least it did back in its glory days. It may not be so popular now. But if it's not it's been replaced by a competing site that is very similar.

I rest my case. At least here when I spend ten bucks I got a gun that I can actually feel like I'm running around shooting things with. Not just a two-dimensional picture of a gun that just sits there doing nothing. Not that I dislike pet sites - I enjoy them and I've spent plenty of my own time and money there too - but I think my point is clear. If anything EW are passing up lots of opportunities and techniques to make way more money than they currently do. So forgive me if I don't see EW as the money-grubbing master pickpockets some of you guys do. From my perspective they're actually not doing as much as they could to earn money.
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

The reason I still play is exactly that, I am fool. It is in no way worth it and I do not expect the dog to worth what it costs but unless I find another game that allows me to do what I do in theHunter I will continue to play.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

I just hope Pedigree will be available for gm$..otherwise I`ll continue stretching the legs while collecting the birds..
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
HunterGirl
Scout

Post by HunterGirl »

My guess dogs will cost around 800 ems. Just my guess. Can't see them going over 1000 ems though.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

Somewhere in the posts above may lie the truth. My $8113 EMs balance awaits disbursement on a dog/dogs and dog products.

Yep, I'm a fool. :lol:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I still think 2500em$, but maybe 2000em$ because you still need to get a collar. We are not talking about a premium weapon for 1000em$ that does the same as the 600em$ one, we are talking man's best friend here, a companion to make SP not so lonely. A trusted friend that will follow you everywhere, unless you are Ron :lol:
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

As big a ripoff as the duck and goose gear was, they should pay us to take a dog.
Spoiler:
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Well maybe they will make some discounts on the ducks and goose equipments to boost the dog sales so i could finally get the last quarter bundle of geese decoys i need to have 24 of them at a more reasonable price, who knows ...
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

K4n4y wrote:Well maybe they will make some discounts on the ducks and goose equipments to boost the dog sales so i could finally get the last quarter bundle of geese decoys i need to have 24 of them at a more reasonable price, who knows ...
this would make sense. lets see if we get any sales!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I guess: 999 em$, on sale for 799 em$ (with a free collar) :D
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Kennel”