Taking down the Queen with Chuck, Moon, and JK.....

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Taking down the Queen with Chuck, Moon, and JK.....

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hey all, just some shots of the night's festivities in Primal Eden, featuring a Dream Team hunting squad consisting of myself, Fletchette, Knut, INTIMID883R, Bcox, and Bosloe. Took down the Primal Rex (the Queen) for the third time, and of course had some other pretty exciting moments with other T-Rex, Triceratops, Utahraptors, and Quetzalcoatlus. Just ask Fletchette about the very opportunistic Quetz, you just might laugh haha. Or the Trike that tossed me 100ft in the air! LOL, another fun night with good buddies.

The Hit Squad dropped a nice male Rex:

Of course, we had scent glands , so we summoned the Queen for an all out war. Humanity is up, 3-0 ;)

Oh yeah! The team with our prize:

Knut with his kill:

You are DEAD, buddy!!

Myself with an uncommon Triceratops. Also killed a rare Triceratops, but things got hectic before I could get a trophy shot.

Hopefully Tony got great footage of the Queen battle, I guess we'll see! Still have 2 scent glands to summon the Queen for the ultimate fight. If anyone is interested in doing battle, we might do it again tomorrow evening!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Taking down the Queen with Chuck, Moon, and JK.....

Post by INTIMID883R »

Here we go taking down the QUEEN. ADULT LANGUAGE

Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Yet another Queen. This one definately meaner.ADULT CONTENT

Spoiler:
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

INTIMID883R wrote:Yet another Queen. This one definately meaner.ADULT CONTENT

bodies flying everywhere, that was fun. thanks for let me in on that for sure guys :D
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

INTIMID883R wrote:Here we go taking down the QUEEN. ADULT LANGUAGE
Pause the vid at 1:33. Is that the machine gun hovering?

Awesome vids! I have to join you guys again soon!
JeeF

Post by JeeF »

Hey there,

Could you guys please explain to me how to get the gland? I read on the description of the expansion that you need to kill a "Golden Achievement T-Rex" but I'm not sure what that means.

I've been playing for a year or more but I never manage to find a T-Rex over 6.2 tons which would give me the "Heavyweight T-Rex" achievement. I'm hoping that's not what I need to do. I've close to 100 T-rexes killed but all of them are usually around 5.8 tons. =/

Any tips on where can I find bigger ones? I normally hang around Celeste's.

Thanks!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

The "Golden Achievement" T-Rex is the War Scarred T-Rex, which is the rare variant of Rex.
Not the best picture, but here is what you are looking for:

Probably best to look the the Primal screenshots on Steam, or even post about it on the forum there and someone can get you a better pic. But anyway, you have to kill a rare War Scarred Rex in order to get the gland. Everyone in your party gets a gland, so the more people you have with you, the better! More glands means more fights with the Primal T-Rex (the Queen).
Best places to look for a War Scarred are basically anywhere the T-Rex is frequently found, but you are better off running the whole "T-Rex corridor" as we like to call it, and that means go from Celeste, down to the southern Satellite Station, to Sir Arthur' Folly, to Cape Trihorn, and up through the swamp to Bushwhack Meadows. Bear in mind, the War Scarred is a rare spawn so it will still be tough to find. For example, that was actually the first War Scarred we'd even seen since they were released months ago. Just stick to the corridor, and you will increase your chances. ;)
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

JeeF wrote:I've been playing for a year or more but I never manage to find a T-Rex over 6.2 tons which would give me the "Heavyweight T-Rex" achievement.
for this achievement You need to get high score. so look for tracks 6000-6400kg, usually female. an then You have to kill it quickly, with as less shots as possible. I got mine with 4 shots. (1x .308 and 3x talon bow)
JeeF

Post by JeeF »

Followed your advice and voilá!

Spawned close to Cap Trihorn, went north to the Meadows and came back to Trihorn. This trip netted me 7 T-Rexes, 12 Utahs and 22 Triceratops.

When I was passing Trihorn on my way to Arthur's Folly, I saw it. Three shots with the .700 and it went down. 2 in the heart and the other shot got both lungs.

It was 6642 kg, which gave me 2223.9 points, just 1.1 shy of getting "Heavyweight T-Rex" achievement =/

Anyways, got the gland now, will go for the queen! XD
Shame I only got 1 gland, I always play alone. (No patience for hackers)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Congratulations, my friend! The War Scarred is pretty awesome, right? Haha
Glad it worked out for ya. Yeah, the best chances you have is in the "corridor", have killed virtually all of my Rex's in those areas. Currently, I stand at 180 T-Rex taken down
Now, a little advice about the Queen. She is a beast, tougher and more aggressive than any Rex you have faced. LOTS of ammo will be needed, take only high quality shots (I know, easier said than done sometimes) such as her heart. Don't waste any ammo with sub-quality shots. Good luck bud, and let us know how you made out!

Return to “theHunter: Primal”