Is Primal worth it?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Is Primal worth it?

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Knut wrote:Despite the way it is currently handled by the company (a few weird updates a few weeks back and then abandoned at that stage), it is absolutely worth it.

It's really a fun game and for that price a steal.

Check out some of bucksnbuffalo's videos, for example.

There's a few theHunter veterans I really respect and like that are quite crazy about the game, like DanthemanBoone

If you go for it, join us for a round of dino hunting, if you fancy.
.................................................................................................................

Since my name came up I think I should add my two cents worth.
If you like theHunter and have some time and money invested there you should think twice before playing Primal.
I haven't played theHunter for more than 10 minutes since Primal came out.

I play single player mostly, and it is a far more difficult game than the hunter. You will die many times and loose your gear consistently in the initial stages of learning, but as you come to understand the dinos behaviors and the importance of using the environment, correct weapons and ammo supplies to survive, you will be able to stay alive for several sessions at a time.

And suddenly theHunter becomes a very mundane and somewhat boring alternative compared to the faster paced danger packed gameplay of Primal.

There are a few bugs still with the weapons reloading under duress, inconsistant hit boxes on the T rexes and Triceratops, and the Quetzalcoatlus can exhibit some weird behaviors sometimes, but nothing that can be described as game breaking in my opinion.

If hunting with a gun that only sometimes reloads fully, ( semi auto 12 g ) while staring down the open maw of a screaming mad Trex 3 feet away dosnt get your heart pumping, Nothing will.

Be assured, one mistake and you are Dino Poo.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”