Changes May 7th

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
JeeF

Changes May 7th

Post by JeeF »

Changes
Changed Quetzalcoatlus behaviour when attacking player, instead of grabbing him/her directly, it will use claw attack to lower the health and when the health is low enough it will try to grab him/her, giving the player more chances to shoot it down.
Triceratops vitals tweaked, projectiles now have a harder time penetrating it.

Bug fixes
Fixed correct reload amount for the Riot Shotgun
Improved dinosaurs behaviour when choosing target player
Fix for Quetzalcoatlus getting stuck in grab animation after missing player
Fix for dinosaurs rotations when in angry mode
Fix for dinosaur behaviour when multiple players shoot at it (should switch target player back and forth between them)
Fix for Triceratops when they flee, they would run and stop at a given distance instead of continuing fleeing
Tweaked dinosaurs pathfinding map

In progress
Bug sweep
Pathfinding fixes for the ruin locations

I hope they meant SHOULDN'T. I was looking forward for this fix. Everybody killing T-Rexes the same bloody way.
The T-rex going back and forth between players while is being shot is just plain retarded.
A T-Rex should choose a target, preferably the one closest/most visible, and attack it till it's either dead or it loses track of the player.
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Re: Changes May 7th

Post by xAncalagonx »

I agree about the T-Rex.

The ping-pong method to take down a T-Rex makes it rather dull and predictable.

Two players on either either side then take turns shooting it until it dies.

Another thing about the Quetz... sometimes when it's killed it becomes stuck midair (probably same issues we had with Mallards immediately after they were released) and we can't loot it. Seems like a desynch issue cause some players will see the bird dead and hanging in the air, while others might see it still flying around.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Changes May 7th

Post by Knut »

xAncalagonx wrote:I agree about the T-Rex.

The ping-pong method to take down a T-Rex makes it rather dull and predictable.

Two players on either either side then take turns shooting it until it dies.
And it takes quite some ammo. T-Rex slaughter....

It's however very interesting, when you as a team aim for one person (e.g. alternating) getting the kill and the others are just there for backup. I.e. when you try to make your shots count.

xAncalagonx wrote:Another thing about the Quetz... sometimes when it's killed it becomes stuck midair (probably same issues we had with Mallards immediately after they were released) and we can't loot it. Seems like a desynch issue cause some players will see the bird dead and hanging in the air, while others might see it still flying around.
True. And like with the geese, it most of the times can be solved by leaving render range and coming back again.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “theHunter: Primal”