Thoughts on the new weapons

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
chewik
Outfitter

Thoughts on the new weapons

Post by chewik »

What do You think about new weapons? I have found 3 of them until now.
.308 handgun (sir arthur's folly) - capacity 1.5, don't know if handgun scope fits to it.
Talon bow (sir arthur's folly) - capacity 1.5, very quick draw/reload. needs other arrows, got 6 with it, but I haven't found more. Still, I have shot my heavyweight T-rex with it :) (6666kg, 2226 score)
12ga riot shotgun (meteo station 1) - capacity 0.5!!, 3 rounds magazine, RDS doesn't fit to it.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Thoughts on the new weapons

Post by Knut »

I found all 4 of them.

the .308 handgun is pretty pointless for me, as I like to carry the .308 bullpup around - but if you're in for shotty only, .700 or .50 it might be a neat way to be able to use some .308 ammo you find on the way without blocking too much capacity

the .308 rifle is nice - but not really any different. It packs 6 instead of 5 shots and it's reload speed is a wee bit faster. Same scope and just a hair heavier (0.05 or so...). If you find it it might be worth the exchange, if you don't don't worry. It sounds crappy, though

the bow is very nice - powerful enough to heartshot and thus instant-kill triceratops on 20-30m (that's the range I tried). I'm not much of a bowhunter in this game (because I am a horrible shot when things get heated), so I tried it and dropped it

the semiauto shotgun is awesome - 3 shots as fast as you can hit your mouse button. And it's reload time and therefore animation is basically inexistent, meaning you can even with auto-reload on move immediately after firing. An essential advantage when dodging the Quetz or sidestepping other attackers. That it doesn't take the red dot scope is a tradeoff well worth it
chewik wrote:capacity 0.5
Ssssh!!!!!! ;)
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “theHunter: Primal”