.50 Caliber Sniper Rifle

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
phaT-X
Tracker

.50 Caliber Sniper Rifle

Post by phaT-X »

Okay, after carrying around 21 rounds of .50 caliber ammo since the .50 cal. Sniper, .50 cal. ammo, and sniper scope for this gun was implemented into the game, I finally got lucky and got one @ the volcano top. I had a feeling the gun would be heavy, but I figured it would be somewhere around the same weight or just "slightly" heavier than the .700mm double rifle. Oh man was I off.. I like this .50 caliber sniper rifle and the scope it uses, but @ the current weight settings and how rare the ammo is, it's simply not worth dropping your other items / weapons to use it.

When I found it, I had to basically drop almost everything in order to equip it. The gun is "50% of your total carrying weight"! So, I had to drop my Primal shotgun, my Marksman .308 rifle, the scopes for them, my merc binoculars, my medium health canisters, etc.. I managed to keep my .44 revolver, but if I wanted to keep more than 5 rounds of .44 ammo, I had to drop my scope for it. I was left with the .50 caliber sniper, sniper scope, 21 rounds of .50 caliber ammo, my .44 revolver, 18 rounds of .44 ammo, and 6 high grade health canisters! ( I might have had a few rounds of .308 ammo I was able to hold on to also, but I cannot remember for sure ).

So, I decided to put it to use... I told myself it was going to be "strictly for T-rex dinosaurs only" .. but I had a UtahRaptor following me slowly, so he was my first kill, next was a T-rex, but my first shot on him was in the back and he immediately turned & was in a full charge mode and not coming in a straight line, so it took 5 shots total to drop him. With the remaining 15 shots I dropped 3 Triceratops, all "one shot kills" and the last 12 got me two more T-rex dinosaurs ( 3 shots I completely missed somehow ). The gun has power, and the scope an awesome zoom, but so far I have not seen anything about it, other than the ability to equip a scope, that makes it stand out from the .700mm double rifle.

** Two things need to be done to the .50 caliber sniper rifle! First would be to reduce the weight of the gun and the ammo too, seeing how rare the gun & ammo is, we need to ability to equip another "decent weapon", and ammo, and sights for the additional weapon! I hope the Devs read this and give it some serious consideration. **

Return to “theHunter: Primal”