Please add 21:9 ratio support

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
FocalSC

Please add 21:9 ratio support

Post by FocalSC »

Upgraded my monitor the other day to an ultra wide screen quad HD monitor 21:9 aspect ratio or as most know it as ~2.35:1, the same aspect you watch movies at.

Pretty excited to try my games out on it but was a tad disappointing when I tried it on this one... The only game I have that does not support the 21:9 aspect is ! you guessed it The Hunter: Primal..(probably the other 'The Hunter' game too) Instead it uses a standard 16:9 and stretches it across my monitor making everything look FAT.

Has anyone worked out a way to adjust the config to work with different ratios or can the Dev's please add support for it ?

Thanks.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Please add 21:9 ratio support

Post by Fletchette »

FocalSC wrote:Upgraded my monitor the other day to an ultra wide screen quad HD monitor 21:9 aspect ratio or as most know it as ~2.35:1, the same aspect you watch movies at.

Pretty excited to try my games out on it but was a tad disappointing when I tried it on this one... The only game I have that does not support the 21:9 aspect is ! you guessed it The Hunter: Primal..(probably the other 'The Hunter' game too) Instead it uses a standard 16:9 and stretches it across my monitor making everything look FAT.

Has anyone worked out a way to adjust the config to work with different ratios or can the Dev's please add support for it ?

Thanks.
In theHunter, if you <Alt><Tab> in and out a few times, the aspect ratio will fix itself. I'd think that would work in Primal too.
Last edited by Fletchette on April 2nd, 2015, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
JeeF

Post by JeeF »

It does work (the alt+tab) however your huntermate will no longer identify blood/footprints from animals. The only think it will identify is poop.

I'm a 48:3 resolution user, I know your pain.
FocalSC

Post by FocalSC »

Fletchette wrote:In theHunter, if you <Alt><Tab> in and out a few times, the aspect ratio will fix itself. I'd think that would work in Primal to.
Holy smokes ! you are a genius ! Thanks it works :) Game just got that much better.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

FocalSC wrote:
Fletchette wrote:In theHunter, if you <Alt><Tab> in and out a few times, the aspect ratio will fix itself. I'd think that would work in Primal to.
Holy smokes ! you are a genius ! Thanks it works :) Game just got that much better.
Why yes....Yes I am :lol:
Personal Bests...
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

JeeF wrote:It does work (the alt+tab) however your huntermate will no longer identify blood/footprints from animals. The only think it will identify is poop.

I know that's true for multiple monitor setups, like Eyefinity, but I didn't think it was true for widescreen single monitors. Hopefully the OP will stop back and tell us if his HM isn't working.
Personal Bests...
FocalSC

Post by FocalSC »

Fletchette wrote:
JeeF wrote:It does work (the alt+tab) however your huntermate will no longer identify blood/footprints from animals. The only think it will identify is poop.

I know that's true for multiple monitor setups, like Eyefinity, but I didn't think it was true for widescreen single monitors. Hopefully the OP will stop back and tell us if his HM isn't working.
Yes it as far as I can tell it works fine. I can track blood and foot prints, so it seems they have a bit of work to do regarding multi-monitor setups.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”