New Melee weapon and defolliation

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
Kache
Tracker

New Melee weapon and defolliation

Post by Kache »

So as of today we drop with a machete and no Bow. The bow is supposed to be available in the Store between drops but does not appear... :? anyone else having this issue? They have also all but eliminated good cover ferns as well. It appears we have done too well killing T-Rex and so they have done all they can to eliminate every method people purport to use. The machete is a good weapon to drive off raptors. Be aware that as of this update you can once again spawn or re-spawn with dinos on top of you. Also some people are having issues with sound and with the scope view.
Kache
Tracker

Re: New Melee weapon and defolliation

Post by Kache »

Hey guys, Kache aka Dulakaba here. Here is a heads up guys. The update has reset both the anti alias and anistropic filter settings to 1, you may want to check them and reset them to 2 or the trees and stuff will look like an old Duke nukem game. I have some really mixed feelings about this update. Love the machete but frankly those of us that have a highly cautious creep, sneak, hide and ambush play style have been screwed by this update. The removal of the large fern vegetation and opening up of the view have not only killed my preferred play style they have resulted in a huge frame rate drop for me. The immersive quality of the environment is gone for me. Several of the high steep hills have been lowered and the incline reduced, I compared old video and frame captures to my current play today and there is no doubt about it. My favorite hill to take T-Rex from no longer has an incline they cant climb and it is substantially lower. I played about 7 hours yesterday to get a real feel for the changes and when I logged in today my full set of noble gear, my binoculars and my .308 with scope are just gone. I have maintained this set of gear for ages always recovering it after a mishap. Frankly I am mad as hell and posted a vid on my channel that clearly expresses it. I will not put a link to the video here, it is NSFW language wise, as I feel pretty screwed over by this update.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”