Things to fix / add

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
natsuko
Hunter

Re: Things to fix / add

Post by natsuko »

It seems the crate's sound is reversed , someone can confirm ?
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Yes, it is. I reported that bug already so it's just a waiting game now. ;)
JeeF

Post by JeeF »

March 19th update:

Features
NEW WEAPON – Improvised Machete – Made from whatever could be found on an interstellar prison ship, this savage weapon is a desperate weapon for desperate people. Replaces the longbow as the free drop pod weapon. Using the machete is not an easy job, and one that will cost you stamina.
[news.thehunter.com]

[news.thehunter.com]
Improved server list: now you can sort servers by ping, name and number of players. You also see in which country the host is.
Improved “take all”-action in inventory: now it will auto-populate items into free equipment slots.
Redesigned the leaderboard view: you can now see which rank you have and how you score against your friends.
Added number of kills leaderboards: in contrast to the score ones it doesn’t have an upper limit.
Added a new inventory slot (default key: 3) that takes small weapons such as the Machete and .44 Revolver

Changes
There are now fewer large ferns in some parts of the field areas to increase variation.
Updated vegetation and Dino rendering.
Tweaked water waves
Tweaked sniper scope texture
Tweaked volcano sound
You can now aim a bit higher and lower
Minimum spotting distance increased – this means less white outlines when being attacked by things like the velociraptor
The longbow is now available in the respawn store
Falling leaves from trees added in some areas which can be used to tell wind direction
Increased the default graphical settings in the Primal Launcher
Bug fixes
Fix for a crash when a player leaves exactly when he/she is going to respawn
Fix for tree trunks not being drawn correctly (the normal mapping was a bit broken)
Fix for server list not showing PVP server correctly.
Fix for the game crashing when harvesting Dinos and having very high Experience
Fixed some pathfinding issues around high cliffs close to the sea
In progress
Fine-tuning of colour, shine and shadow balance. More on this in the next updates.

A few good things that I forgot to add in things to fix, they did... such as being able to aim higher and lower, GREAT!

I hope that what they mean by "Tweaked vegetation and dino rendering" means you can now see them further away.
JeeF

Post by JeeF »

natsuko wrote:It seems the crate's sound is reversed , someone can confirm ?
I've added to the list of things to fix.
I've noticed it but forgot to add, thanks!
Kache
Tracker

Post by Kache »

The bow does not currently appear in the store between drops
JeeF

Post by JeeF »

Found an issue with the 50 cal scope texture, it's weird.

Added to the list.

The bow does not currently appear in the store between drops
Added to the list as well, thank you Kache!
JeeF

Post by JeeF »

I'm really not liking the lack of vegetation now.

Nothing to do with being able to hide or not, just looks odd. Before, the forests looked alive, now they look kinda dead.
Kache
Tracker

Post by Kache »

JeeF wrote:I'm really not liking the lack of vegetation now.

Nothing to do with being able to hide or not, just looks odd. Before, the forests looked alive, now they look kinda dead.
I agree, it no longer feels like a primal island it feels like a golf course
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I have to also agree. It doesn't have the same feel. It felt much more alive and immersive, even going so far as to give you a false sense of security. It looked good, and it really did feel like a living, breathing environment. Not so, now. It seems to have lost that charm, where it feels like just an every day game environment with dinosaurs. Plus, wow my FPS took a hit haha. How can it happen that FPS gets worse with less vegetation and eat appears to be a little higher render range? Lack of optimization, that's what. I really, really, REALLY hope the DEVS rethink this decision and go back to what it was previously. Although, I will be honest here but EW's track record about going back to something is not good. This update really killed a lot of immersive qualities.
pheonixflames
Scout

Post by pheonixflames »

I just spent a while hunting some more rexes with the .308, and I have to say, I can't enjoy it that much.
They just feel like a cheap bullet sponge. Sure, they can be killed with two heart shots. But once the first shot is fired and they start moving, it seems to be mostly based on luck rather or not you can finish it off. Shooting moving animals has always been wonky in this game, and it's even harder in primal. Then its huge head tends to cover its body as it walks towards you, making it impossible to shoot it anywhere but the skull. Half my kills were at the very last second when it was right on top of me and in attack position, because that was the only time I actually had a clear second shot at its heart. The way they just slowly tank towards you as they are filled with bullets, without seeing the guy 20 feet away who's shooting incessantly just feels unnatural.
To be honest, I would prefer it if they dropped the walking tank system and made it so all the dinosaurs die easier and can be recoiled or scared off when shot, but also increased their senses, mobility, and the damage they do.

I'm sure everything will be improved in time, and EW has been doing a good job, but I think I'll probably just wait until Primal is finished before I play it again.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”