Things to fix / add

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
JeeF

Re: Things to fix / add

Post by JeeF »

A few weird things here:

1) I've played 69 hours? Been playing 6 hours a day at least, my Steam shows 227 hours played so far... bug?
2) Missed shots: I don't see how this is relevant, since most if not all of those missed shots were just shots fired at the sky to try attracting predators

3) Deaths:
Wanna make a case about this one. For me, the most important stat. Being killed 10 times until you can finish off a t-rex is just... kills the immersion. How many times you died SHOULD be in the leaderboard statistics since it's arguably the most important stat. Grant you, most of my 35 deaths were in the beginning when I was discovering the game, learning about stuff. I haven't died once in the past 30 or 40 hours of gameplay. Should someone with more t-rex kills be in front of me in score when this same person have like 500 deaths? I don't think so. When your lives become disposable, there's no longer any challenge in the game. People will just spawn and re-spawn indefinitely until they get their kill count high, tossing themselves at t-rexes until they win the fight. That's a joke.
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

Kache wrote:
JeeF wrote:I'm really not liking the lack of vegetation now.

Nothing to do with being able to hide or not, just looks odd. Before, the forests looked alive, now they look kinda dead.
I agree, it no longer feels like a primal island it feels like a golf course
yep, this "upgrade" changed Primal Eden into Logger's point :?
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

chewik wrote:
Kache wrote:
JeeF wrote:I'm really not liking the lack of vegetation now.

Nothing to do with being able to hide or not, just looks odd. Before, the forests looked alive, now they look kinda dead.
I agree, it no longer feels like a primal island it feels like a golf course
yep, this "upgrade" changed Primal Eden into Logger's point :?
I cannot even begin to go into detail about everything that is wrong with the environment now. That immersive and almost creepy feeling you go when walking around Primal Eden and hearing those sounds, and the fear of not knowing what's lurking around those trees is gone. I was waking near Sir Arthur's Folly today, and I just could not believe how absolutely dead everything looked. Even inside the settlement looked like I was playing Quake 3. Good job overthinking things, EW. Unless this is just a test version and things will be reintroduced (which is what I am hoping), the entire immersive experience is dead and gone now.
But I'll be honest, we all know EW's track record when it comes to things like this. Not expecting any kind of change, TBH. Shame too. Primal had one of the best atmosphere I'd ever come across in a game. Key word is "had".
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Whatever happened with the game grafics - it is a catastrophy!

As others have reported, too: it now looks flat, and liveless, and artificial (there are spots on the ground without any cover now, showing a simple repetitive floor coloring - desillusioning!). A big loss, totally ruining the imersion which was a major motivation to play this title, and not any other dino-shooting game.

And the worst thing is: it even made my FPS much slower that it had been before. To an extent that I had to lower my settings now in order to be able to still move my raised weapon fluently (making grafics even worse, naturally)!

So I do not understand this whole change at all... it was so much better before in every respect! My best guess is that this must be an inattended bug.
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

I have also noticed massive FPS drop inside swampy areas. from 60 to +/-30, and if aiming, FPS drop continues to 20. almost the same situation like at Bushranger Run.
and all forgotten PDAs are missing too.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

There's all types of crap wrong with the environment now. I also had to drop my settings due to FPS loss, and tho it doesn't look too bad, it looked far better before. As I understand it, it was done to increase the draw distance and to that end, it DID work. Everything does render at a much further distance, such as the towers on the settlements. But, what good is that when the Dinos still go out of render range at 230m??? Whatever the reasoning was, and unless it's just a step in a process to increase draw distance and slowly reintroduce the fauna back, I fail to see how it is remotely better. I mean, I know I certainly didn't have a problem with the environment before. As we've all said, right now the immersiveness (sp?) is gone. It no longer feels like a dangerous rain forest. It feels like the Southern Tier of WNY. It feels like there should be Whitetails roaming around, not the largest and most dangerous animals the world has ever known. I certainly hope some resolution comes about soon, the current environment is nowhere near as forboding as it was.
Moon
Scout

Post by Moon »

I have to agree that I really dislike and am disappointed with the most recent update's changes to the vegetation. I'm assuming this was to counter the fact that they increased the view distance in that update so they did this to reduce the lag that would cause instead of doing a more complex and thorough optimization passed on the game in order to accomplish the same result. I'd honestly much rather go back to the old view distance and have the more realistic and immersive world than what we currently are left with. The world the way it currently is after the vegetation changes reminds me of a golf course with a little northeastern US forest thrown in here and there. It's completely destroyed that eerie jungle feel that it used to have. Not to mention the lag was not even prevented by simply removing vegetation as I had to lower my game settings to have the same performance that I had prior to the update. I really do hope they revert this decision to move in this direction with the game's graphics and environment because now it's lost its one unique attraction and is starting to just blend in with all the other dinosaur survival games available out there.
Check me out....I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin', I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin'!

[ Wishlist | Rares: 33 | Non-Typicals: 8 ]
Spoiler:
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I was just starting to enjoy the game again. Ugh! It's awful now. :cry:

Return to “theHunter: Primal”