aggressively attacked by midget raptors!

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
phaT-X
Tracker

aggressively attacked by midget raptors!

Post by phaT-X »

Wth? Okay.. I knew that the VelociRaptor was being implemented into the game, but I thought the VelociRaptor was the biggest, smartest, and most vicious of them all? These things that attacked me, along with some UtahRaptors in the mix were about knee high, ran around like little cockroaches running from RAID spray, and jumped on my face and took my nose of I guess... lol?

I want to explain how this happened... I will try and keep it short. Basically I was @ Madam Celeste's Lab, one of my favorite areas when I hunt solo. I was messing around with a big male Trex I had wounded, but still had plenty of ***** left... he kept doing these short straight line rushes at me, so I was running from barricade to barricade laughing as it was trying to get me! Well, he got the last laugh, basically because he partially glitched through the concrete barricade. So I purchased just a shotgun and 50 rounds of buckshot and was hell bent on setting out for revenge. I spawned down the hill from Madam Celeste's Lab all the way by the lake in the canyon, a little past it actually up on the next hill, when I spawned there were two large Trex's down at the mouth of that canyon, I knew there was no getting past them without being spotted, so I decided to shoot them and lure them up the hill and to the woods to the left where I could hide inside some of the tree hollows until I took them both out... after I shot @ the Trex dinos, I heard some Raptors get all excited and started towards me, I had 3 full grown UtahRaptors rush me from the top of the hill, I took all 3 out, each time getting a little closer to the heavily dense forest... that's when I heard some new Raptor noises, I just thought it was some new sounds that they implemented, when all of a sudden this tiny little Raptor rushed me and jumped right onto my face! It freaked me out! When it jumped off, it was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and it took me 5 shots to get him. I was right at the edge of the forest which was covered with think and dense ferns... I could hear Raptor's all around me running around, sounded like I was surrounded by them... one by one, or sometimes 2 or 3 at a time, these little turds would come after me, they were fast too, plus there were some full grown UtahRaptors mixed in with them, making things more difficult.

At first I thought these were just "baby Raptors" ... but when I harvested my 3rd one, I noticed it said "VelociRaptor", not "UtahRaptor" ... luckily the two Trex dinos never came up the hillside, or I would have been in big trouble.. I had to leave that area, and leave it fast. I had already killed 5 "VelociRaptors" and 5 "UtahRaptors" and could still hear several more running around, the forest there was so dense with ferns there was no way to see them until the were at my feet... it was a most interesting encounter, one I was not prepared for!

I had 50 rounds of buckshot on spawn, wasted 2 rounds shooting @ the two Trex dinos down the hill, that left me 48 rounds, of which I used 43 and only got 10 Raptors total, 5 normal sized UtahRaptors, and then 5 of these midget lizards from hell! The rest of my buckshot was wasted trying to hit those little turds.... hahaha?

Is that the full size of these VelociRaptors? Seriously.. the biggest one was about knee high!
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: aggressively attacked by midget raptors!

Post by DonderDeer »

Primal actually has the velociraptors, as far as size goes, about right.

The portrayal of the velociraptor in media (and movies like Jurrassic Park) are often skewed and wildly exaggerated.
Here is another chart depicting the size of several dromaeosaurs. Keep in mind that artistic license was taken and we don't know what colors or actual coverage their feathering might have had.

#5 is the Utahraptor.

homk
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

biggest missinformation in paleonthology :lol: thank you jurassic park...
model for the velociraptors in jurrassic park was the american utah raptor. the velociraptor lived in mongolia and was only as big as a turkey.

if i would time travel to jurassic mongolia, i would be more worried about these:
gigantoraptor, part of the oviraptor family

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Oviraptors are some of my favorites! I just want to pinch their beaks!!!
homk
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

killertut wrote:biggest missinformation in paleonthology :lol: thank you jurassic park...
model for the velociraptors in jurrassic park was the american utah raptor. the velociraptor lived in mongolia and was only as big as a turkey.

if i would time travel to jurassic mongolia, i would be more worried about these:
gigantoraptor, part of the oviraptor family
I think you mean Late Cretaceous Mongolia. 75 Million years ago to be exact.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

The Jurassic was not as exciting as the Cretaceous in general, save for some real gems like Ceratosaurus nasicornis. :?
homk

Return to “theHunter: Primal”