New Species- Velociraptor

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
drakle
Hunter

New Species- Velociraptor

Post by drakle »

Four words I have to say- Didn't see that coming.

More info at: http://steamcommunity.com/games/322920/ ... 5352942266

Pretty glad they didn't go JP Velociraptor, but I'm confused on why we have two raptor species now. Now we need a new herbivore, because the game is too unbalanced at the moment. Love how they look though.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: New Species- Velociraptor

Post by ronMctube »

would of loved Pterodactyl myself or those little ones of Jurassic park.

these will be fun just my preferred opinion :D
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

i like to see them get rid of the port crap so i can host would be better. i don't get why i could host once then next night my brother couldn't join. we tried again the next night still couldn't join so i gave up until they do something about it if they do. my brother and i like play by our self don't want to hunt with others.
pheonixflames
Scout

Post by pheonixflames »

The skin is rather.... Interesting.
I don't much mind having a second raptor, but I think the model is too similar to the Utahraptors.
Hopefully the next species will be more unique.
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

agree, they look like small utahraptors. but their charging animanition is beautiful :) not too tough, but extremelly fast little beasties :mrgreen:
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

At first I thought, really, another raptor?

But after taking a look at the pictures, I really like it. Very interesting. I grew up in a time when dinosaurs didn't have feathers so I am totally out of touch with the way dinosaurs are portrayed now.

It makes me want to play again. At least until I get rained on for hours again.
phaT-X
Tracker

Post by phaT-X »

Hmmm, all I did was look @ the pics, looks cool! Is this Raptor already in the game, like now?

As for why another Raptor... well, not sure how it is in the game, but the "VelociRaptor" is the most vicious, notorious, and smartest Raptor... it's the one most dino experts talk about when it comes to the Raptor's species. I knew there were a few different types of Raptors, but honestly I've never heard of the "UtahRaptor"... I figured it was one that they just modified for the game, especially when I saw the feather like features on it... I was starting to wonder if it was called a "UtahRaptor" because it was a moron? (LOL?), no seriously though.. I figured maybe the fossils of the first one was discovered in Utah or something...

But I have a feeling this "VelociRaptor" is going to be much more agressive, probably slightly larger, probably harder to kill, different behaviors, and maybe travel in larger groups. I'm just guessing though...

I am ready for ALOT of new species to be implemented... I want to see some flying dinos! I also think that they should implement more than just reptiles, but also prehistoric insects! I know, why insects? Well... have you see the sizes of some of these prehistoric insects? Some of them were extremely huge! Giant scorpions, spiders, etc... would be cool.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

phaT-X wrote: But I have a feeling this "VelociRaptor" is going to be much more agressive, probably slightly larger, probably harder to kill, different behaviors, and maybe travel in larger groups. I'm just guessing though...
Well, it's the size of a turkey......So bring some stuffing. :D
Personal Bests...
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

phaT-X wrote:Hmmm, all I did was look @ the pics, looks cool! Is this Raptor already in the game, like now?

As for why another Raptor... well, not sure how it is in the game, but the "VelociRaptor" is the most vicious, notorious, and smartest Raptor... it's the one most dino experts talk about when it comes to the Raptor's species. I knew there were a few different types of Raptors, but honestly I've never heard of the "UtahRaptor"... I figured it was one that they just modified for the game, especially when I saw the feather like features on it... I was starting to wonder if it was called a "UtahRaptor" because it was a moron? (LOL?), no seriously though.. I figured maybe the fossils of the first one was discovered in Utah or something...

But I have a feeling this "VelociRaptor" is going to be much more agressive, probably slightly larger, probably harder to kill, different behaviors, and maybe travel in larger groups. I'm just guessing though...

I am ready for ALOT of new species to be implemented... I want to see some flying dinos! I also think that they should implement more than just reptiles, but also prehistoric insects! I know, why insects? Well... have you see the sizes of some of these prehistoric insects? Some of them were extremely huge! Giant scorpions, spiders, etc... would be cool.
I'd implore you to do a little more digging on truthful information about these dinosaurs - Jurassic Park is not and was never meant to be scientifically accurate! The velociraptor is a very small dinosaur that traveled in packs, were not as intelligent as science fiction makes them out to be, but were no doubt likely very fearsome in numbers - just like a pack of coyotes. The Utahraptor is also a real dinosaur (who was a LOT BIGGER than velo!). (and there were no flying dinosaurs. Don't believe me? ;) )
homk
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Velociraptors need better AI.

They are extremely easy to kill. They run away and stop for a long time. You simply run after and farm them with machete.

They need to be more elusive and smarter. We should not be able to chase them at all. If we chase them they should continue to 'flee' while other Velociraptors attack you from rear.

This way you would be forced to fight them defensively and wait for them to approach or attack, or use your ammo to shoot them at distance.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”