problem w/ T-rex's glitching through concrete walls, etc...

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
phaT-X
Tracker

problem w/ T-rex's glitching through concrete walls, etc...

Post by phaT-X »

Okay, this has happened to me way to many times, so I hope it can be fixed soon. The T-rex seems to have a wonderful and amazing ability, it's entire head / neck can go through solid concrete. I am not talking about when they get you inside a barricade because their heads hang over it and they spot you, I am talking about concrete walls that are a few feet taller than they are. It has only happened to me @ one particular fort / bunker, which is Madam Celeste's Lab, but it probably can happen at any of the forts / bunkers. They can also at times actually walk up on to the top of the concrete barricades and I have even had them on 2 separate occasions make it on to the top of the concrete wall.

A total of 5 times now I have had T-rex's approach Madam Celeste's Lab from the hillside, when they reach the top of the hillside they have to either go left or right, as there is a tall concrete wall there, but on a few occasions I guess some of them did not turn left or right and kept walking straight or stopped facing the wall, then all of a sudden you see a big fat T-rex face and it's all over with. Apparently their heads partially go into the wall, thus giving them the ability to spot you & eat you. This needs to be fixed please! The last 3x it happened, it was the same fat arse female T-rex! She was a very big Rex, weighing in over 6500 kg, but this wall was still several feet taller than her. The 1st time it happened was just from her approaching the concrete wall from the hillside, when she stopped I know I was in trouble, I was prone hiding between the back of a concrete barricade and the concrete wall, I looked to the left because I wanted to see if her face was sticking through since she stopped, I did not see anything, but it showed her outline, so I knew part of her was sticking into or through the concrete wall, I was fixing to get out of there, then "Groooowl, Roar... munch, munch, munch" and I die. I re-spawned, I actually purchased some Merc camo, shotgun, and 30 rounds of 12 gauge ammo, when I appeared by my pod, I accidentally closed out of it first, opened it back up and EVERYTHING was gone, the equipment I purchased and the bow/arrows you spawn with ( I was mad! ), I spawned @ the lowest point of the hillside down from Celeste's Lab and started back up towards it, I heard her roar in the distance so I went further to the left and approached the tall cliff wall, then walked parallel to it and approached the fort, she had went down the hillside to the right, spotted me and started back towards Celeste's Lab, as she was approaching I was getting my equipment back... I equipped my guns back and just got finished putting my camo on when she came up to the wall again, naturally she stops there and it's an instant wash and repeat ( meaning samething happened again! ).

At this point I am a little upset... I purchased another shotgun, 30 more 12 gauge rounds, and just a camo hat... I spawned down the hillside again, but much further to the left, basically in front of the small lake down in that trench. I walked up towards Celeste's Lab again, she roared as I got closer and I could hear her fat buttocks walking around... she was on the opposite side this time ( side facing the volcano ), so I was like "great, at least I don't have to worry about her getting me through the wall" .. I took a few shots @ her with my .308 rifle, hit her twice, she starts to charge, I run between the barricade & the wall, she turned around then did a 180º and charged again ( head down, fall charge ), she ran directly into the inside of the barricade I was hiding behind, and guess what came poking through? Her fat head! She scooped me up and ate me ( I know, I know, that's what she said! )... her head came completely through the "bottom" of the concrete barricade.

I was in completel disbelieft! I could not believe that this same T-rex killed me 3 times in a row back to back and each time it was because she got me through solid concrete walls!

So, it was on now... I decided to "charge her" ( when I made it back up there )... I re-spawned yet again, purchased another shotgun and more 12 gauge rounds and headed back up.. she had wondered further off this time, but I could still hear her close by... I found a .700mm rifle and four .700mm rounds, equipped it and started sprinting around to lure her back up.. I put all 4 of the .700mm rounds in her and 6 slugs and dropped her dead. Finally, I get to harvest her!

I hung around Madam Celeste's Lab for a couple of hours, camping there waiting for dinos to come by, as I had slightly over 90 buckshot rounds, but could not carry them all, so I got as many as I could and used them on Raptors, Triceratop's, more T-rex's, and so on until I used enough buckshot up that I could carry the rest of it...

** So to the devs, please try and fix this! To other players, be careful... because the T-rex can get you through concrete walls / barricades, even if the wall is taller than they are.

** Another thing, if we make purchases, please make it to where our purchased items do not disappear if we accidentally close the pod inventory out. I did this by accident because I was so flustered due to the T-rex killing me through the wall and accidentally exited the pod inventory before I equipped anything, I immediately opened it back up, but every single item had disappeared, including everything I purchased and the normal items the pod comes with. Your items should remain there as long as the pod remains there.

:? :oops: :cry: :shock:
Kache
Tracker

Re: problem w/ T-rex's glitching through concrete walls, etc

Post by Kache »

Had the same problem with the pod inventory. In addition the new update has been an extreme game changer. I specialize in hunting t-rex with the Bow. I used to go 3 or 4 real life days at a time with no sign of one. suddenly now I am getting 2 or even 3 of them at a time coming in to investigate me on every pod spawn. Even in level 5 camo in deep cover they instantly find and kill me without a shot fired even when holding stock still. I think they must have amped up their sense of smell.They are now hyper-aware and even more interesting if both T-Rex and trikes are in the same area, the Trikes will now come find you in the brush from 50 meters+ and dash around you in circles until every rex within range tromps up to investigate. The trikes do not seem to run from the Rex either. At one point tonight I was in a four corner pin with two trikes and two male Rex all within 30 feet of me lol. They all went for me at the same time when i bumped my mouse. Sorry but two large male mega predators would not likely hang out and play poker over who gets to eat me let alone deal two trikes into the game. On the other hand I am afraid of the T-Rex population again which I like. Their change in numbers and habits have returned my adrenaline levels to the same as when I first started playing. Though I usually kill between 1 and 6 dinos of various sorts per pod spawn I went 8 hours without a single kill of any sort and only 3 shots fired. I will enjoy the challenge of learning how to outwit the rex again and kill them with my bow. I also note now that remains and crates seem to almost always have a hostile on top of them. 3 hours after i died in one spot I returned to find the same t-rex still locked onto the bush I had been under...

I have mixed feelings on the changes. As for the new Raptors, never saw one in 8 hours of solid play.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i just shot a t rex and he wouldn't attack me through the walls so maybe its fixed now he just stood there. :D

Kache
Tracker

Post by Kache »

ronMctube wrote:i just shot a t rex and he wouldn't attack me through the walls so maybe its fixed now he just stood there. :D

nah he just recognized you and though "Oh Man it's RonMctube, I wonder if he will give me an autograph... make it out ...To Rex with love...Ron'
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

Kache wrote:nah he just recognized you and though "Oh Man it's RonMctube, I wonder if he will give me an autograph... make it out ...To Rex with love...Ron'
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
phaT-X
Tracker

Post by phaT-X »

Well, I have never had issues in finding the T-rex's, when primal first was released, I walked the entire map over several times and quickly learned of areas they are ALWAYS around. I do agree on their senses being enhanced though, plus they start charging from a much further distance too, which sometimes spells big trouble. I wish they would increase the sprint time by a few seconds. I remember when you could be in the orange outfit and hide from them under heavy brush, now even with noble camo there is still a good chance of being spotted unless perfectly still, and even that doesn't help sometimes... I do like the fact that Raptors scatter when they sense a T-rex, because they know when the T-rex is coming before you do, so when I see them leaving the area, I know one is coming from somewhere. The T-rex has had several changes... I noticed when I use the Triceratops caller, if a T-rex is around, he starts in the general direction you used it at. Several times I've called in Triceratops dinos, just to have a T-rex also come in, or beat them there....

As far as that T-rex standing still, they do that once you do so much damage to them... I have had them do that several times and it's usually after I have them down to a certain health percentage.

As for the concrete wall glitches though, I am not completely convienced it's fixed yet, I have not be attacked through one in the past 2 days, but I also noticed that they approach from different directions now when coming to Celeste's Lab, I have not had ANY come up the hillside to the outside of that tall concrete wall in the past 2 days, but I have still seen their heads partially go into the concrete walls... only time will tell I guess.
phaT-X
Tracker

Post by phaT-X »

Right as I was responding to this post, I was camped between the back of the barricade and concrete wall @ Madam Celeste's Lab, I heard a Triceratops call, so I put the game window back up and started to call it in, the Triceratops approached and gave me a halfway decent shot, I took the shot and it took off right towards me, which was odd because I was not close enough for it to charge me, I sprinted around the middle barricade & it turned around in my direction, but passed me up, it ran past the spot I originally shot it at then started roaming, then stopped again, which was also odd because they usually flee a good distance if you do not drop them right away, then it turned and started walking towards me, slowly in a non-agressive way... I was like wth?

Figured it out real quick... there was a T-rex just on the other side on that small hill... I heard it's low muffled continous growls, then heard it's foot steps in the distance, saw it just come over that very small hill / mound and it was a decent sized female T-rex right under 6,400 kg, I took one shot w/ my .44 revolver and it immediately charged me! I then put 4 more .44 mag rounds in it, all good placed lung / heart shots, this T-rex was doing short burst charges at me, almost got me twice, then it tricked me... heard it charging, then heard nothing, looked up and there was it's head! It ran inside the barricade I was behind, once again, it almost got me... that was a very close call.

Then it went into full on charge mode inside the barricade... all I could hear was it's rampaging charge, along w/ the rain that started. There were a few times I thought it was fixing to "climb up on top of the barricade again" ... it actually partially went up, but was turning @ the same time and fell back to the ground.

That is the other thing I noticed... everytime I've had the T-rex get me through that tall concrete wall, etc.. it was a large to very large female. Maybe that has something to do with it? Not sure if you guys have every had the wonderful experience I have had of being basically surrounded by "6 T-rex dinosaurs" all @ the same time, but I have... I had 4 of them extremely close, 2 more roaming around basically 600 to 700 ft away, but when you see a female weighing between 6580 kg to 6780 kg next to a male T-rex weight about 5660 kg to 5850 kg, the size difference is HUGE! The heavier T-rex dwarfs the other in size, I mean the size difference is very obvious... it's almost scary! So, maybe due to the size of these larger ones, it some how allows their legs to step higher or something, and then next thing you know, they're standing over you on top of a barricade?!?
phaT-X
Tracker

Post by phaT-X »

Okay, it seems the "size of the dino" does play a role in them being able to get you through walls, climb barricades / walls, etc... because this it just happened AGAIN! I was prone again camping @ Celeste's Lab, heard another dino call out, went back into the game, it was a large male Triceratops, over 11,000 kg, nailed it with a lung / heart shot @ a very close distance, it turned to charge and ended up inside the barricade, obviously angry by the noises it was making. I could see it's horns stick through the barricade wall, as I would step closer, you could see it trying to impale me, so I started taunting it running forward and backwards watching it's horns trying their best to get me... next thing I know, it popped out almost to the very top of the barricade! LOL? It had it's eye on me and was still attempting to get me, luckily it was about 80% to 90% of the way up, so I ran to the side of it to get a side shot, fired buckshot @ it and it turned and started fleeing, it was @ the top of barricade now, but there are 2 barricades there side by side, so I believe it was stuck trying to get past the top of the wall of the next one... then it died and fell inside the barricade! Haha?

It tried it's best to get me too though, constantly trying to impale me through the concrete walls, it's horns were about 1/3 of the way sticking out too. Now, I have had a Triceratops be able to stick me a few times through a tree that was hollow in the center, it stuck me twice and got my health to like 25%.

I did get "screenshots" this time! The majority of the time the T-rex has done this, I was so paniced trying to figure out a way to escape and survive, I never got any good proof of them climbing barricades / walls and also getting me through them, except the very last time I did manage to get a screenshot of a T-rex that climbed to the top of a barricade, then stopped directly over me.. all it shows is it's ****** (lol?) and inner rear legs and tail, but it's obvious he's on the barricade. Now I have one of the triceratops too. I sent the one of the T-rex to the devs and told them the story, now I have a Triceratops screenshot to send off too... I might upload them here also.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

As a rule, dinosaurs have no respect for concrete..... :o
Personal Bests...
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

The reason why T-Rex can grab you 'through the walls' is because he kind of pulls you towards him when he grabs you in his mouth and shakes you.

You can see this very well in this twitch highlight I made where a friend got eaten by T-Rex.

You see my friend standing several meters away from the T-Rex, but then he suddenly gets pulled towards the T-Rex and into it's mouth.

Pretty sure the same thing is happening when the T-Rex manages to snatch you through walls and such.

Video --> http://www.twitch.tv/ghroznak/c/6461087

Return to “theHunter: Primal”