what determines "trophy integrity"?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
phaT-X
Tracker

what determines "trophy integrity"?

Post by phaT-X »

At first I thought the more you shot the animal, the lower the integrity would be, but apparently that is not the case. So exactly what determines "trophy integrity"? Is it the placement of the shot on the animal?
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Re: what determines "trophy integrity"?

Post by T0MRf5 »

The more you shoot an animal the lower the trophy integrity will be provided the weapon is doing enough damage to get below 100% in the first place. The more health an animal has, the more it will take to do enough damage to an animal to lower the trophy integrity. Once you get up to mule deer size and above most weapons will need 2 or more shots to get below 100%.

http://news.thehunter.com/ballistics-tweak/

That update mentions how the trophy integrity is based on the base damage a weapon has.
phaT-X
Tracker

Post by phaT-X »

Well, I was mostly asking about this in "Primal", but I guess it's still the same thing?

That had crossed my mind too, about "how many times" an animal has been shot, but in Primal I've dropped Raptors with one clean shot, yet still have times the trophy integrity falls to 75%, or 50%, or 25%, and even 0% with "one shot".

I had a large group of UtahRaptors stalking me, I finally got to an area to make my stand and took 6 of the 7 out with one shot each, the other took 2 shots. Of all 7 kills, only 4 had 100% integrity, and one of them was the one that took 2 shots, 2 others had 50% integrity and the final one had 0% integrity.

I've also had T-rex dinos I have shot 9 to 12 times and them have 100% integrity, then had T-rex's I've killed in 3 to 4 shots and them have 0% to 100%.
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

You know I never realised which sub forum the topic was in. Never even realised the system was shared by primal. My bad for not checking.

However, without knowing the distances you shot at the animals and with what weapons and how they perform it is difficult to know what is behind the integrity values. In the hunter there is also the bug which causes 100% no matter the distance or weapon used.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”