Primal, player spawns, glitches, etc..

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
phaT-X
Tracker

Primal, player spawns, glitches, etc..

Post by phaT-X »

Okay, first thing I was hoping that would have been changed / updated during the last update they made to Primal was the "player re-spawns". When you die, it's bad enough that you only spawn w/ a bow & arrow and in a bright orange suits that screams "here I am, come and eat me please" .. but everytime I died, I always re-spawn beside a large group of UtahRaptors, and when I say large, I mean like 6 to 8 of them, more than you want to take on with a bow and 10 arrows. If it's not a large group of UtahRaptors, then it's a medium sized group of 3 to 5 and 1 or 2 T-rex dinosaurs. It's almost as if they are going to make sure you do not retrieve your items.

Now, just a few moments ago I had a large female T-rex on the run, it is the "first one" I ever made flee only after "one shot". I was @ Celeste's lab, I saw her down the hill a little ways and sprinted back and forth to lure her up... then I ran over to a barricade and waited, she came up and stopped with her side facing me, I took aim right behind her scrawny little arm and fired one single .308 round, I was surprised when she took off and started to flee. I pursued her, I fired 3 more rounds as she fled, last track mark had her health in the teens to low 20% range. Next thing I know, I ran into a huge group of UtahRaptors, there were 7 of them, then I saw another group of 4 more about 700+ feet away. I switched to my shotgun and buckshot and started shooting the 7 closing in on me, I dropped 5 instantly, then the last 2 bum rushed me, dropped the 6th in 2 shots, the last one I hit 4 times, yet it still managed to take 3 nice chunks out of me and killed me! I was *****! I then respawn, had 3 UtahRaptors on me almost instantly, I killed the first 2 with 3 arrows total (luck!), the 3rd it took 5 arrows and if it bit me one more time, I would have been dead. I found a few mushrooms and regained a little health, went by Celeste's lab again and got a health vial and had my health back up to around 80%. I also got the extra marksman rifle there and 4 rounds of ammo. I went for my stuff.. that last Raptor died shortly after I did, I could see it's body, but the other 4 had came in and was walking around my stuff (go figure!). I killed 3 with the .308, then the 4th killed me. I respawned again! Once again, several UtahRaptor's nearby... luckily this time I respawned in some thick ferns, went to prone immediately and crawled all the way to my stuff. When I got there, 2 dead Raptor's where on the ground near my backpack.. the first dead one I never got to harvest, and the last one that killed me and then died to like the other. So finally, I get my stuff.. the other Raptor's I spawned by apparently followed my scent and tracked me down, but this time I took them ALL out before they got me.

During all this though, my wounded T-rex's tracks disappeared! However, I also had wounded 2 Raptors during that same 1st hunt, yet their tracks remained, I also had a wounded Triceratops and his tracks remained, the only tracks I could not find was that of the wounded T-rex. So I headed back to Celeste's lab to see if I could pick them up again, I figured that I just lost the area they were in during the show downs with the Raptors, but her tracks were gone completely. I was confused as to why the other dino's tracks remained, but her's were gone? I thought, maybe she died... but even if she did, her tracks should remain until harvested, correct? I guess this was a glitch / bug?

Also, when I re-collected my items, I could NOT equip my health vials and my binoculars at the same time! If I put my health vials in slot 4 and slot 5 was empty, I could not place my binoculars in slot 5, if I put my vials in my backpack, then I could my binoculars in either slot. I tried switching them around from slot 4 to 5, etc.. but no matter what, I could not equip both at the same time in different slots. It was the highgrade health vials. Then I found 12 medium grade in a container, those placed just fine beside my binoculars. Why I could not equip the highgrade ones at the sametime as my binoculars in the empty slot is beyond me. I currently am hiding behind the barricade @ Celeste's lab now as I type this and still cannot equip both at the same time. Strange....

Then I tried to pickup a rock, when I died, I got a message stating "you cannot access this container while another player is accessing it" .. well first, it's a rock, not a container, second... I have the amount of players set to "1" and I am the only player in my game. Strange again....

I also noticed during the last update, they changed the T-rex's behavior some and I noticed that it also knows how to get you while hiding between that barricade and the concrete wall. Now they will walk into the barricade and lean down and eat you if you don't watch it. Every single T-rex I engage in that area now will eventually do that if they get the chance. If there are 2 or 3 T-rex's there, oh boy.. you better watch it, they'll corner you and keep you trapped back there and then one of them will walk into the barricade and snatch you up! Besides the Volcano, hiding between that barricade and concrete wall was the only other really safe place I knew off, but it's not perfectly safe anymore.

I did just have another large female come in there though, 6300 to 6500 kg and I got her, she never even got a chance to flee. Shot her 7 times in the heart / lung vitals area and she dropped right there beside that barricade. I now feel like I got a little revenge somewhat, haha?

Return to “theHunter: Primal”