How safe are the bunkers?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

How safe are the bunkers?

Post by MonacoSteve »

Some days ago me and my brother had an interesting experience.

We were both in a camp (Sir Arthur's) in two different bunkers, and we had 2 rexes approaching from two opposite sites. After my brother fired a shot, the following happened:

One Rex stumbled over my bunker when arriving at the campsite, noticed me somehow inside although I was laying prone on the ground, put his head over the wall - and I was dead before I could react.

The other directly went to the bunker where my brother was sitting, and killed him right away, too - through the concrete wall! My brother was able to make a remarkable screenshot as a "proof" right before being eaten - see below.

So I wonder: how safe are the bunkers really? What experiences do you guys have here?

JayMisanthrope
Tracker

Re: How safe are the bunkers?

Post by JayMisanthrope »

I wouldn't call that a bunker since it has an open top, which would make it not very safe at all against something that stands as tall as a T-Rex.
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeman »

I can confirm it is possible to be killed when you are inside a building.

I was on Madame Celestes lab hiding inside a building, - behind a wall of concrete.. crouching with the T-rex white outline visible through the concrete... It was waiting searching fore me.. and, out of nowhere, -- I was bitten and killed.

That should not be possible... I have many times been hiding inside a building with T-rex waiting outside and they should not be able to see me, -- only through the door opening and they should not be able to attack and bite me through a concrete wall.

I see this as a bug..

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i had a raptor i thought nice i blocked entrance :lol: no i didnt :D i died.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

i was killed twice by a t-rex while sitting in one of these bunkers. they just clipped through the wall with their heads and i got eaten :P

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Adolamin
Tracker

Post by Adolamin »

Its weird how it glitches through the wall to get you, but it makes sense if it knows your in there it could get you, I haven't personally been eaten in one, but when I use one for cover I try and make sure I get in there plenty of time before the Rex turns to charge at me.

Probably a bug though as Hawkeman says.
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeman »

Yes, it shouldnt be able to rearch med sitting crouched behind the wall.
I could understand it getting me through the open doorway, not over or through a concrete wall.

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
PSPbr

Post by PSPbr »

Depends on what side of the wall you are.

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

As a rule, dinosaurs have no respect for concrete....... ;)
Personal Bests...
phaT-X
Tracker

Post by phaT-X »

Those cement barricades can be protective, depending on where you are and where the T-Rex is, but unfortunately they can get you in them. Personally I don't think the should be able to get you in the ways they do, it's clear their neck/head comes through part of the surrounding concrete wall, but how much access they should have to you when hiding in there is what questionable, because the T-rex's sometimes glitch out around barricades and tall concrete walls. I've seen them completely walk "over the top" of barricades and on to the top of a concrete wall taller than them. I've also had one get me through a concrete wall "over their heads". I never even saw it, but it ate me. The best bunker place I've found is Madam Celeste's Lab, there you can hide between the concrete wall (very tall) and back behind one of the concrete barricades. If nothing has spotted you, it's a safe place to camp. Even if something has spotted you, it's a great place to use as cover from close encounters with T-rex's, etc.. only time you need to worry is if a T-rex enters inside that barricade you are hiding behind, it "may" spot you and lean over and munch on you. Even worse is if 2 come to that area and one enters inside the barricade while the other is roaming around just a few meters away, you better either kill one quick or log off! hahaha...

Return to “theHunter: Primal”