Tip for hunting Utahraptors

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
pheonixflames
Scout

Tip for hunting Utahraptors

Post by pheonixflames »

It can be kind of hard to get a good shot at Utahraptors because they move so much, so I've been doing this to make it easier:

When a Utahraptor gets within throwing distance, toss a rock around 10 meters away from the raptors side, and the raptor will turn and trot towards it. Once the raptor gets to the spot the rock landed, it will stop for around 15 seconds to start sniffing. Usually its side will be facing you when it stops, so it's fairly easy to get a lung shot with the .308 or .44. :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Tip for hunting Utahraptors

Post by ronMctube »

i let them charge me then sprint just before they attack me then step to side and lung heart shot :D seems to work quite well with the bow.
pheonixflames
Scout

Post by pheonixflames »

Yeah, that works well too. Especially with the shotgun and buckshot, that'll bring them down real fast.
phaT-X
Tracker

Post by phaT-X »

Now, here's a tip on how to get them to hunt you. Wait til you see a group of 5 or more, the more the better, stand up, shoot the closest one, then start running around in circles while doing bursts of sprints... works for me everytime! By the time you know it, you have 4 or more hungry UtahRaptors after you. While running away from them, if you see a T-Rex, head straight for him, then the hunts will really be on! Haha?

Return to “theHunter: Primal”