Clothes and Backpack

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
leafman1
Scout

Clothes and Backpack

Post by leafman1 »

I looked and din't see the topic so if there is sorry,but i was wondering why the clothes take up space in the backpack?It shouldn't since you are wearing them and they are not in your backpack.
sc4r3crow

Re: Clothes and Backpack

Post by sc4r3crow »

leafman1 wrote:I looked and din't see the topic so if there is sorry,but i was wondering why the clothes take up space in the backpack?It shouldn't since you are wearing them and they are not in your backpack.
They dont really take space in the backpack, you are limited to carrying 20kg of gear and clothes have weight, that's why they take space. It wouldnt be much of a problem if a stack containing 1 round didnt weight the same as a full 10 rounds stack, but they're already working on ammo stacks, soon our inventory problems will be solved XD.
Insegt

Post by Insegt »

sc4r3crow wrote:
leafman1 wrote:I looked and din't see the topic so if there is sorry,but i was wondering why the clothes take up space in the backpack?It shouldn't since you are wearing them and they are not in your backpack.
They dont really take space in the backpack, you are limited to carrying 20kg of gear and clothes have weight, that's why they take space. It wouldnt be much of a problem if a stack containing 1 round didnt weight the same as a full 10 rounds stack, but they're already working on ammo stacks, soon our inventory problems will be solved XD.
Sorry 20kg really?

Well, even my wife and her ladies friends are carrying more weight in their handbags.

Don't feel all chewed up
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

sc4r3crow wrote:
Has there been any official statement that they plan to make ammo stackable? Great news in that case.
sc4r3crow

Post by sc4r3crow »

Insegt wrote:Sorry 20kg really?

Well, even my wife and her ladies friends are carrying more weight in their handbags.

Don't feel all chewed up
LOL yea, 20kg doesnt sound that much, but we're walking/running/crouching all day. We also must be somewhat light to be able to sneak or escape, so IMO 20kg of gear is ok for convicts. Maybe they could raise that limit to 30kg, that's the standard soldier gear weight, you don't wanna be carrying more than that if you plan on staying alive in combat and we're not even talking about fighting dinos here lol. Or maybe, like in theHunter, they could add a skill for carrying weight, you start off as a normal convict and as you exercise yourself, your carrying weight is increased till the limit of 30kg.
Insegt

Post by Insegt »

sc4r3crow wrote:
Insegt wrote:Sorry 20kg really?

Don't feel all chewed up
LOL yea, 20kg doesnt sound that much, but we're walking/running/crouching all day. We also must be somewhat light to be able to sneak or escape, so IMO 20kg of gear is ok for convicts. Maybe they could raise that limit to 30kg, that's the standard soldier gear weight, you don't wanna be carrying more than that if you plan on staying alive in combat and we're not even talking about fighting dinos here lol. Or maybe, like in theHunter, they could add a skill for carrying weight, you start off as a normal convict and as you exercise yourself, your carrying weight is increased till the limit of 30kg.
Sure, 30kg would be a figure that works and is plausible. Firefighters, Soldiers and even paramedics are limited to it to get everything along, but still be agile. Your suggestions about having a base of 20kg - as far as I understood it, and raise it via a skill/backpack, would be a giant leap forward in this game, even though I am quite not understanding, why so many features already implemented in theHunter are disregarded.
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

i just meant that it takes up a percentage of space from your backpack and i don't think it should because you are wearing them they are not in your backpack.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”