Let's Get Real... Devs

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
Swampfox
Outfitter

Re: Let's Get Real... Devs

Post by Swampfox »

It has been very interesting, exploring Primal for the Christmas & New Year Holiday, and I am looking forward to see the expansion and growth of Primal, when the EW Staff return. :D
Honestly though, right now I believe the game is basically a suicide mission. :cry:
It's just a matter of when you will get eaten, or if you are lucky and find the shotgun, .308 or .700 Rifle, and a good supply of ammo, it can be a blast.
Love the shotgun against the raptors. :lol:
Don't know about the .44 Revolver. I've only found it a couple of times then I wasn't able to locate any ammo, so not sure about the killing power of the .44.

I hope that we will see some additional equipment, such as Binoculars which are a must-have in this game.

I basically have been surviving by collecting weapons and ammo (the .308, Shotgun, .700 & .44 Revolver when I can find them), and avoiding the raptors and T Rex, until I have a decent chance of self-defense.
Whenever I arrive at a location and get some ammo, health canisters, and camo, then I exit the game, and restart a new hunt from there.
That's the only way I've found to keep an arsenal and survival equipment against these killer reptiles. :x :lol: 8-)
Spoiler:
Smella
Hunter

Post by Smella »

I love the game play the way it is. I hope they don't make it more like TheHunter at all. Or make it any easier.

You can always get your gear back after being killed with ONE exception, that is a game crash before you can get to it.

1) you spawn at a pod.
a)crouch right away (maybe take a quick look around)

I recently spawned and went straight into inventory of the pod, heard some raptors so rushed a little. Saw I just got bit while in there and bam!, Bam!, Bam! - I exit inventory and my friend who also got it from t-rex that got me, spawned right with me. I see a dead raptor inches away and more in-coming. He killed them all - my fault, I just learned something.

b) open map, put marker (with left click mouse) where your gear is.
c) get the bow and arrows. (I have never spawned at an empty pod but have very rarely spawned without a pod)

2) You go to get your stuff and encounter raptors (t-rex is easier to get around in my opinion). Say you run into a large group of 5 or 6 or more raptors - you can try to avoid them by staying crouched but if you discover them when they're too close, they seem to stay with you and eventually catch up to you. They smell you I think. So you get in a fight and die.

3) you spawn again. Your skull and x-bones icon on the settlermate is now in a new place. Where were you the first time you died? and where is the bag of all your good stuff? Well if you didn't mark that spot on the map after the first death, you have to go by memory - not easy, I've lost mine a few times.
But you did mark it. your stuff is at the red mark, just keep going back till you make it and hope the host doesn't quit or the game doesn't crash.

About dinos being too hard to kill, they are pretty hard but you learn as you play and they all go down. That's the best part of the game - it's hard and you have to learn.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Smella you hit the nail on the head with some of your points.

i like how hard it is myself. i do swear a bit if i get raptor rushed :D but often if you have decent gear you can take whole groups down.

if i die like you i instantly mark with the red dot where i am. then its just a case of getting back. update the red dot as you wander the map so you dont get confused t which is which body and your gear.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”