List of bugs discovered

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
GrandTickler

List of bugs discovered

Post by GrandTickler »

-Pressing the sprint button while moving sideways or having any weapon drawn/zoomed in will consume stamina while you are not actually sprinting.

-Players joining a new game often see a visual bug in the scoreboard where their score is switched with the host. (the host or other players don't see this)

-I had multiple reports of a visual bug that occurs around 00:00 midnight in game time where the day would quickly cycle trough at fast speed. everyone except for the host can see this happening.

-Multiple spots discovered that break the AI of raptors where they don't know anymore how to reach you, standing on fallen over tree stumps being one of them. another location where this bug can be reproduced is a camp called raptor bay. you can stand ontop of some wooden spikes there and raptors will be unable to reach you.

-A duping bug discovered where partially looted crates dont update for other players and remain unlooted for them.
example: lootcrate contains a stack of arrows and .308 ammo. player 1 loots the .308 ammo but leaves the arrows inside which prevents the crate from despawning. any other players looking in this same lootcrate will still see the .308 ammo besides the arrows in this crate even though the .308 ammo should be gone now, and can continue to loot the ammo from this crate till everyone has it.
note that this does seem to happen to few crates and/or at certain times so its hard to reproduce.

-in a single occasion where we had a triceratops surrounded, it fell trough the map. i am not sure however if it was still alive or whether it was its death animation causing it to glitch under the map.

less important bugs

-using control+c and control+v in the servername box works but it will paste a C or V at the end of the line.

-capitalizing letters in the servername box with shift seems unresponsive and often doesnt capitalizes at all unless shift is hold down for a longer period of time.

-Players beeing killed by a T-rex is often seen as them flying all over the place by other players.

-A stack of 1 ammo seems to have the same weight as a stack of 10 ammo.

i will update this list as i discover more bugs
chewik
Outfitter

Re: List of bugs discovered

Post by chewik »

GrandTickler wrote:-A stack of 1 ammo seems to have the same weight as a stack of 10 ammo.
this is not a bug, it is by design. the same feature is in theHunter. Full ammo box (with 10 bullets/shotshells/arrows) has the same weight as almost empty box (1 bullet/shotshell/arrow). we can hope it will be changed in full game.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

i was hesitating of creating such post . i think it's a good idea

- feedback keys are all messed up . i use an azerty keyboard
- sometimes when you respawn (without dying) the settlements icons you visited have disappeared
- sometimes you respawn with no weapon at all
Gsimpson2g

Post by Gsimpson2g »

I have noticed that when I am playing on a server with others, and the server crashes, when I connect to a new server or start one myself some odd things happen.

- Settlements don't show on the map.
- Players that were on the server with me, still show up on the list of players, and on the HUD with the distance to them
- Sometimes I am unable to loot anything, I get the error that the container is currently being used by another player

Usually if I restart the game when I have these issues, it resolves the problems.

This has happened when I was on another game client and they crashed, as well as when I was hosting a game, and the game crashed on my side.
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

i'm having a problem with my map, all the places i have been are gone most of the map is dark again and no Symbols on it that was there before. anyone else having this problem?
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

BuckSlayer wrote:i'm having a problem with my map, all the places i have been are gone most of the map is dark again and no Symbols on it that was there before. anyone else having this problem?
If You die, You have to start from beginning, so map is dark again.
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

chewik wrote:
BuckSlayer wrote:i'm having a problem with my map, all the places i have been are gone most of the map is dark again and no Symbols on it that was there before. anyone else having this problem?
i'm getting tired of this start from the beginning crap lol.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

BuckSlayer wrote:
chewik wrote:
that's one thing that got me stay away from the game right now . game is fun but it systematically ends by a fail :D
leo1954au
Master Competitor

Post by leo1954au »

Raptors and t-rex not being detected when they call this happens only sometimes other times they will detect ok without a problem, very frustrating not knowing in what direction or how far away they are
FallenEmbers

Re:

Post by FallenEmbers »

BuckSlayer wrote:
chewik wrote:
BuckSlayer wrote: If You die, You have to start from beginning, so map is dark again.
that's one thing that got me stay away from the game right now . game is fun but it systematically ends by a fail :D
Well I can understand that they want the player to actually try to not die. Brings more of a fear factor to it knowing that if you do, you will have these inconveniences. The settlement icons aren't so much of an issue for me anymore because players have made a clear map of all locations that I can reference. For me it has created the need for me to learn to adapt and play the game accordingly. It's all in how a person looks at it I suppose. If everything were made easy or convenient then there would be no reason for a person to strive to improve and learn.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”