feedback/suggestions for thehunter primal.

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
muldo
Outfitter

Re: feedback/suggestions for thehunter primal.

Post by muldo »

For me it is definitely that you should start the next hunt from the spot you rested/logged off at. Trying to explore the Island is tough enough sometimes and you get quite possessive of the gear you find. Lots of hope for the future though.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

actually it seems it's the case
GrandpaDude
Tracker

Post by GrandpaDude »

I'm getting beyond most of the frustrations and actually like being on the menu and not just "Lord and Master" of all I survey. That said, there are some things I'd like to see updated. First off, with TheHunter and THP, bows are not given much due. Howard Hill and Fred Bear both killed African Elephants with bows, the kills took seconds to minutes. One Grizzly taken by Bear dropped in just thirty yards, the guide saying he'd never seen a rifle kill so fast. Sharp arrows placed well are lethal. Secondly: Hit in the heart, animals die quickly. Hit in the lungs, even the largest animal will die in a half an hour or less. Last night I took my first T-Rex with a .308, it took 9 shots and a half hour, no complaints there. The second T-Rex was a smaller male and took 26 shots and two hours of tracking to take down. In the end the game told me it was hit multiple times in the lungs, liver, spine and heart. If the animals are that tough then equip a hunter with at least a dangerous game cartridge like the .375 H&H magnum or .416 Rigby or .458 Win. Magnum. What use is the shot gun or the .44 handgun (.500 S&W Upgrade??) I also connected my Hunter account with my Steam account and did not recieve any "Free Shotgun" as promised. Ammo should be stackable. Get rid of the health potions. Add a full map, not just fragments. A little volcano action would be awesome. Yippee! No rain. I never liked the rain in TheHunter, the whole look and sound was never very good IMO.
I do like the numbers of Raptors but think they should act more intelligently. I love the T-Rex, he's truly terrifying. Love the ground shaking and growling. The Triceratops is too docile, but I like the caller. I do think there should be more in the way of refuge points where you could hide from Raptors and T-Rex when pursued.
The environment is fantastic and could be even more fraught with danger, quicksand, Supercrocs (Sarcosucus), small dog size carnivores that can injure you with bites. The devs did a great job creating this game and my hat is off to them. With a few tweaks this game could be even more amazing. I, for one, think the devs deserve a huge round of applause and two thumbs up. I'm hooked!
GrandpaDude
Tracker

Post by GrandpaDude »

Couple more things I missed. I meant to say that I really liked the 24 hour cycle and the night sky. Also, the T-Rex kills I mention took a half hour real time and two hours real time, so both kills would represent totally unrealistic kill times for that many shots. The refuge spots I mentioned adding would be more like the tree hollows, perhaps little rock caves or some grass huts. And when you fall into water, why not be able to swim for at least distance. Supercrocs would make it more interesting here as would Mososuars. Just sayin'
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

I just suggest.. After you respawn just find new weapon :)
I have a little map (but not finished):
http://i.imgur.com/4KvIaa6.png
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

pastuh wrote:I just suggest.. After you respawn just find new weapon :)
I have a little map (but not finished):
http://i.imgur.com/4KvIaa6.png
Really nice map! How did you get that?

Here is a map with all points of interest: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =358194029
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Vulcade
Scout

Post by Vulcade »

I'm really afraid of being killed and the game crashing so I can't retrieve my stuff.
Insegt

Post by Insegt »

Howdy,

after having hosted a couple of games here is a list of wishes I have:

1. Connection: Networking is a topic by itself, but what is implemented so far is by far not enough. At least the host needs to see the ping of the clients in order to identify high pings easily. Than any host should have the option to ban players permanently and maybe also temporarily. These disconnection screens are really starting to get on my nerves.

2. The server browser in theHunter shows a flag with the country of the host. Maybe it would be a great idea to implement that, too. Also it might be an idea to have an option for the host to allow players only to join with a maximum ping of x (set by the host). Just like the Hunterscore option. I am aware that a high ping is not the only reason for connection issues.

3. An information screen popping up at the start of the game showing the options turned on and off by the host (PVP etc.) and the description he wrote. There are way too many people asking: "PvP on?". Some people really need their breakfast to be brought to them.

4. Looting. I do understand the idea of other people being able to loot dead bodies. I also do understand that it would be quite a task to allow this in PvP, but not in PvE. But there need to be done adjustments to this system. It's simply frustrating being attacked and killed by a raptor or t-rex, spawning somewhere between 500 and 800 m away and another player close by just walks up and takes all the Noble gear and guns and ammo from your corpse and leaves you nothing but some arrows and a bow. In PvP I am just fine with this system. But the problems arise in PvE.
It's taking way too long and takes too much luck to gather all the stuff, just to lose it all because a player just don't respecting that this game is about teamwork. Yeah, I know that's intended follow him and wait till he dies and everything will be fine. What if the player just takes it and logs off? Well, here we go again.
The nicest way I could think of would be an option to be set by the host allowing other players to loot dead corpses or not or just teammates. This also means, that dead corpses should have a different icon on the map and settler mate than boxes. Shown to every player. On the map maybe a name tag could be added.

5. Teamplay: We need a function to form teams. The team chat shouldn't be visible for everyone. No need to tell, that this would be a great addition to PvP, but also to PvE in order to corodinate attacks and not to disturb everyone else in the chat. Right now there are just loose groups formed and coordinating them in chat sometimes is a pain.
Also it would be nice to adopt the map from theHunter with waypaths and showing other players. This would help reclaiming dead corpses after having died again and again and again. And it would help finding the corpse of teammates. Again there should be an option for the host to enable and disable these functions.

6. Death: I can only imagine that the mechanics of death, loot and respawn originate out of the idea of pvp, in which they really make sense. But for PvE it is counterproductive. Dieing is happening. Ok, I am fine with that. Even dropping your stuff is something I can understand. But respawning between 500 and 800 m away from your corpse, with sometimes, having nothing, not even a bow and arrows, or a capsule spawning, too, can't be what you actually intended. This ain't fun, it's simply annoying. I would like to see predefined respawn ranges set by the host in order to respawn. Also i would like to have options for looting corpses. Predefined timers, only the player himself, or teammates.

7. Safety: Have you ever been on a tanker? Right on the superstructures are two words in shining red painted, on each and every one: SAFETY FIRST! No question, Primal Eden is a hostile environment, but even in a hostile environment are safe places. I don't care if those are structures build by players like tents like in theHunter or predefined areas like lodges in theHunter. But something like this should be implemented. Even if the same system is used like in theHunter where just the host may be allowed to construct permanent structures, it would be a tremendous step forward. If you want to make it constructable, players could contribute by bringing stuff to the construction site where it is saved like the inventory.
In these places players may store their stuff and additionals and access an overall inventory just like in theHunter.

8. Working Crossbrands: People also playing theHunter do have gear they would like to use. With safe places established it would be tremendous if we could also access this gear. Would it be unfair against players not playing theHunter? Yes, it would. But it would also be rewarding for those playing theHunter. True, I can't think of a title doing this right now, but that doesn't mean it would be a bad idea. It would be new and innovative, just like using existing resources to program a new game. Not that this hasn't been done before.

9. Dino behavior and speed: Just met Lightning McQeen last night. Ok, he was in disguise and told me he plays the role of a Triceratops, but trust me it was him, at least according to the speed with that the Triceratops moved around: Roaming not fleeing! The big ones, like Apatosaurus, Bachiosaurus, Titanosaurus are believed to have had a top speed of 5 km/h. The Triceratops is believed to have reached a top speed of 25 km/h (not 40 km/h like Rhinos like Wikipedia states). Roaming it would be somewhere around 5- 8 km/h. Yes they constantly moved, but climbing steep hills at top speed is too much. I don't have the slighest idea how fast they are ingame right now, but they seem to be a little too fast for roaming.
There need to be done some tweaks to the AI altogether. Saw a T-Rex roaming through a herd of 3 Triceratops without the Triceratops forming some sort of a defensive line or getting nervous. Maybe you would consider to take a look into this. An Alpha Predator like the T-Rex should always lead to the fact, that herbivores at least should be nervous, get close together and be far more watchful.
2 and more T-Rex on a small spot, even roaming the same area? Simple answer: No way! The Tyrannosaurus Rex is believed to having had his own reserve. It would have attacked any rival entering this reserve. Females are believed to have been more aggressive than males and they would have even attacked males, if they entered there reserve. Males and females would have only coupled up for one purpose. You might imagine which one this would be. I'll give you a hint: It was not playing chess.
The reserve seems to be too small for so many T-Rex. Especially this Predator should be something rare, something special, something you just don't walk into just behind each and every corner.

10. Inventory: Ok, I am not He-man and can carry a whole household with me, but this inventory is not useful at all. A backpack would be nice. Also Binoculars are something missed quite often.

11. Missions and Competitions: I imagine there will be a lot more to come, so we don't get bored that fast. Would you be so kind and consider giving us a toolbox to set up competitions by ourselves? This toolbox could also be something for theHunter. Predefined goals, rewards, time and definitions/restrictions, via dropdown menus and simple to assemble could be something interesting. User generated content might enrichen these games.

12. Species: Just a little, let's call it chistmas wish: more herbivores. I am quite sure you will add one more hervbivore like the Anatotitan or the Titanosaurus. I am also sure you won't mix up times. At least I hope you don't. But I am also afraid you will give us another Predator. Ya'll know which one I mean. The winged ones, starting Ptero.... :D If so, please consider adding one more kind. So we would have six species. 3 herbivores and 3 carnivores. If not, 3 herbivores and 2 carnivores would be even greater.

13. Levelling of Weapons, Tracking and Survival/Camo would be a nice addition too. Why should we all be experts in tracking and handling all sort of guns when arriving on Primal Eden? Convicts wasn't it? Well, my character was put away for tax fraud not murdering and hiding in the woods. Prove me otherwise. :mrgreen:

Bugs? Stackable ammunition would be nice. I guess, no I am sure, it is a bug ammunition not being stackable. This is one of the most annoying bugs I have met so far. An other would be Raptors running into tree holes and getting stuck there or T-Rex is moonwalking at a hill and not moving anywhere.

All in all, tH:P could be a fantastic and long time prospering game. Right now there is a solid basis for this. keep up the good work. So far it's tremendous.

By the way, please let us know if any of this is worth taking into consideration or even being considered. I don't think it's asked too much to get some feedback on this by you.

Happy holidays, merry christmas and a happy and successful new year and don't feel all chewed up :mrgreen:

Insegt
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

HooCairs wrote: Really nice map! How did you get that?
Here is a map with all points of interest: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =358194029
Thanks for link, updated map: http://i.imgur.com/GufAXPE.jpg
Its just Map screenshot from game, increased contrast and changed some colors :)
Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

something that just crossed my mind. ingame we have the .700 nitro rifle. That gun is very powerful. but even such a gun takes some shots to take down t-rex. thats fine with me. But as other species are added to the game, hopefully those very huge sauropods we might need to take it a step further.

How about a .950 jdj rifle.

its ugly ,very heavy and singleshot. Propably overkill especially against smaller dinos. but on the other hand... we are up against the largest beasts to ever walk this earth, so why not?

Return to “theHunter: Primal”