Sad you can't host a game ...

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
Vlieger
Hunter

Re: Sad you can't host a game ...

Post by Vlieger »

Got it working ... Had to go to the website of my provider. I forwarded all ports that steam recomended so that was not enough.
Then i forwarded the ports that the game showed both TCP and UDP and it works.
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

i gave up trying was getting to mad. i wish i never would of bought this just a waste of money can't even host a room for my brother and me to play in. there is a lot of people on steam forums that are upset about this to wondering what they was thinking making people to have to mess around with ports.
Urgia
Scout

Post by Urgia »

BuckSlayer wrote:i gave up trying was getting to mad. i wish i never would of bought this just a waste of money can't even host a room for my brother and me to play in. there is a lot of people on steam forums that are upset about this to wondering what they was thinking making people to have to mess around with ports.
If you give me your router model maybe I can help.
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

Urgia wrote:
BuckSlayer wrote:i gave up trying was getting to mad. i wish i never would of bought this just a waste of money can't even host a room for my brother and me to play in. there is a lot of people on steam forums that are upset about this to wondering what they was thinking making people to have to mess around with ports.
If you give me your router model maybe I can help.
i found a site for my router it told how to do it. i put everything in did all 3 of the ports that Alena gave out but just wont work. i went into the windows firewall added the ports there but still wont work. there is so many on steam like me can't get it to work, why not a lot hosting. they need to get rid of that set it up like they did TheHunter, then it would be ok. someone said this on TheHunterPrimal twitter, Please fix multiplayer... Port forwarding doesn't work very well. they replayed, We'll work on making it more user-friendly. with way they are at fixing things who knows maybe we will get lucky they will set it up same as TheHunter is. i have never had a game on steam that you had to open ports to host so not sure why they did it. maybe just a temp thing till the full Release, but again who knows.
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Google your router model and find the IP to log on to your router settings. Each model has a standard IP it uses.

Open web broswer, then copy/paste or type in that IP into the address field of your browser. That should take you directly to a login menu or similar for your router

Once you are in the settings for your router find "Port Forwarding". (This may be listed under Advanced Settings on some routers).

When inside Port Forwarding there will most likely be a list with empty values in it. It will look something similar to the picture below.

Then you want to add the ports under UDP, and enter them separated by comma's, e.g. "27015, 42303"

Save your changes. Reboot router and it should be good to go.
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

xAncalagonx wrote:Google your router model and find the IP to log on to your router settings. Each model has a standard IP it uses.

Open web broswer, then copy/paste or type in that IP into the address field of your browser. That should take you directly to a login menu or similar for your router

Once you are in the settings for your router find "Port Forwarding". (This may be listed under Advanced Settings on some routers).

When inside Port Forwarding there will most likely be a list with empty values in it. It will look something similar to the picture below.

Then you want to add the ports under UDP, and enter them separated by comma's, e.g. "27015, 42303"

still wont work, put it in like you have it 27015,42300 and UDP rebooted my router then check the ports on a port check site it says ports are closed. on my router it has
Enter IP Address:
Starting Port: 27015
Ending Port: 42303
Protocol: UDP
thats how i put in. i'll just have to wait see if they do something different.
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

BuckSlayer wrote:
xAncalagonx wrote:Google your router model and find the IP to log on to your router settings. Each model has a standard IP it uses.

still wont work, put it in like you have it 27015,42300 and UDP rebooted my router then check the ports on a port check site it says ports are closed. on my router it has
Enter IP Address:
Starting Port: 27015
Ending Port: 42303
Protocol: UDP
thats how i put in. i'll just have to wait see if they do something different.
i got it working now, thanks xAncalagonx. most of what you said i already knew, the problem was i had it 42303 first then 27015 but it still wouldn't work till i put the ports in the windows firewall. i have it turned off but i guess i still have to add the ports to it. i did a port check on a UDP site its working now, will try to host latter with my brother see for sure that it works he can join.
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

well my brother tried to join my room he couldn't. so i tried another site that checks TCP and UDP and did a UDP port check said both was open. i don't get it, with both ports open he should of been able to join.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

try using hamachi.
i was too lazy to open my routers ports, so i tried to play thehunter: primal with my friend via hamachi. works fine ;)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
BuckSlayer
Spotter

Post by BuckSlayer »

killertut wrote:try using hamachi.
i was too lazy to open my routers ports, so i tried to play thehunter: primal with my friend via hamachi. works fine ;)
by the looks not anymore easy to do with that then to mess with ports. if you're smart enough to use it then its probably ok but i'm not lol. but thanks anyways.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”