Thehunter: Primal, steam exclusive

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
elkfreak

Thehunter: Primal, steam exclusive

Post by elkfreak »

While I am so excited for thehunter Primal and the new world of possibilities I can hardly see straight, I was very disappointed to hear that it was going to a one-off payment and steam exclusive. I was really hoping this would be an extremely close game to thehunter itself, granted with different gameplay, but I think this game could be of the same caliber. Personally I would like to see this game have its own website similar to thehunter's website so the feel that it is a piece of thehunter would remain, having it only on steam I believe will take that away and make it seem much less related. Plus having the one-off payment option could sort of limit the game and the new features that could be added into it such as weapons, gear, and gameplay. I would like to see the memberships in this game as well, or maybe dual memberships that grant you access to thehunter and thehunter primal, this could potentially bring in many players to both games. Over all I like the way thehunter works and think that thehunter primal would do best if presented in the same way, but if the devs believe that steam is the best way then I will support them, after all it is their game not mine, and I look forward to playing thehunter primal soon!! :D :mrgreen:

What does everyone else think?
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: Thehunter: Primal, steam exclusive

Post by DeadClopz »

I think they are doing the best choice. I see TheHunter lasting longer then the primal off-spring.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

elkfreak you could be right but you could be wrong. :D

thing is with games like this you have to be right or it can be very serious financially. so they probably are going to release just as much as needed see how it goes and then work from there. if it goes well and takes off then all of what you suggested can come.

the thing is a few dinosaur titles have not done great recently.

stomping lands had promise but has sort of gone away. primal carnage was fun but still not great . it had promise though. i wondered if a deal had been done with them as this is called primal at first.

the good thing at the moment is Jurassic park has just been announced (probably reason we heard about this now unless very coincidental :D

i look forward to theHunter primal and lets see how it plays before the doom starts. :D

as for steam its the biggest digital platform for games pc wise.
elkfreak

Post by elkfreak »

This is all true! Hopefully if it is done right then it will be a unique game and do very well, bringing good income for the EW team! ;)
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I'd have rather it been able to launch on its own, but I don't mind it being on steam. Just requires a couple more clicks.
marcomies
Tracker

Post by marcomies »

Having no-subscription model should give the developers an increased degree of freedom over the future of Primal. That way it's much easier to move on (make a sequel on different engine for example) and/or end the development in case the game somehow fails. I don't think they wanted to be tied to another project as tightly as they are to theHunter.

@Mills, you can just double click steam game's shortcut and it will start steam automatically if it's not running. You don't have to start steam manually before that.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”