F.A.Q.

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
elkfreak

Re: F.A.Q.

Post by elkfreak »

Maybe this means that you wont need 3 or more people to down a T Rex :D , since he is the only one in the picture. I sure hope this is the case!!
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

elkfreak wrote:Maybe this means that you wont need 3 or more people to down a T Rex :D , since he is the only one in the picture. I sure hope this is the case!!
Me too. No matter what, I will solo hunt and bag a T-rex ("a male, buck only"), even if it takes a hundred deaths.

Now, can they just release it already?! I can't wait. I just hope we get a big *** double rifle and classic safari gear. I want to be Roland Tembo :lol:
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

what is the port 42303 , 27000 , 27015 , 27030 ..
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I'm lost as well. I allowed it through my firewall and all that, but when I get to the loading screen it just sits there. Have never had to do port forwarding or opening before, so I'm kinda lost, if that even is the problem for me
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

:arrow: B'n'B press windows button navigate to network then open network infrasructure (or open device web page) put there your login detais (admin pw: admin by default) then try to find advanced settins and nat servers or something simmiliar). There is your ports will be unlocked. Jack
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Thanks Jack, I had found and done all that. I don't think the info saved though. I have a Belkin router and in the fields it was asking for the Private IP of each of the ports listed. I dunno what to put hahaha. I have to go out food shopping (yay), but will try again when I get back.
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

:arrow: B'n'B private IP is 10.0.0.xxx it coud be found with whats my IP or simmiliar tool. Jack
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

i opened 42303 but nobody joined so far so i think this not the thing . AFAIK ports have to be opened in router not in windows settings
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

A couple of questions have arisen for me during the first couple of sessions, hope someone can answer this. First of all I'm not crazy about the fact that your inventory isn't secure. I like to be able to choose my loadout and go hunting and I don't like the idea of loosing my stuff. How will this work when they implement the in game store where you'll be able to buy stuff using an in game currency? Will you always risk loosing your stuff? And just how persistent is this persistent inventory? On my first session I picked up a .308, a shotgun and a .44 revolver. I only had the .308 equipped and the others in my backpack because I couldn't find ammo for them. Next time I logged in the .44 and the shotgun were gone. Do you only get to keep stuff that you have equipped while loosing your backpack stuff or was this a bug? Thirdly, they talk about finding stuff in crates, unless someone else has got to it first. Now that only concerns people in the same MP-session as you right? But I really want to know if the content of the crates is static across sessions on your account as long as no one else plays on the same session. If I have stuff I want to keep but can't carry, can I put it in a specific crate and trust that it will remain there until I move it, all while playing single player? It would really suck if people on completely different sessions could raid the stuff I've collected but couldn't carry at the time.

I'll send feedback on this eventually, but I really don't like how temporary everything feels, like there's no real progress across sessions. All of the map that you've explored, the map segments you pick up, waypoints, etc. and apperantly sometimes also the stuff you have in your backpack gets lost when quitting and starting a new session. It's no fun to have to start an almost completely new game every time you log in to play. Other than that I'm really digging this game, and I think it'll be brilliant upon release.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Lawger wrote:A couple of questions have arisen for me during the first couple of sessions, hope someone can answer this. First of all I'm not crazy about the fact that your inventory isn't secure. I like to be able to choose my loadout and go hunting and I don't like the idea of loosing my stuff. How will this work when they implement the in game store where you'll be able to buy stuff using an in game currency? Will you always risk loosing your stuff? And just how persistent is this persistent inventory? On my first session I picked up a .308, a shotgun and a .44 revolver. I only had the .308 equipped and the others in my backpack because I couldn't find ammo for them. Next time I logged in the .44 and the shotgun were gone. Do you only get to keep stuff that you have equipped while loosing your backpack stuff or was this a bug? Thirdly, they talk about finding stuff in crates, unless someone else has got to it first. Now that only concerns people in the same MP-session as you right? But I really want to know if the content of the crates is static across sessions on your account as long as no one else plays on the same session. If I have stuff I want to keep but can't carry, can I put it in a specific crate and trust that it will remain there until I move it, all while playing single player? It would really suck if people on completely different sessions could raid the stuff I've collected but couldn't carry at the time.

I'll send feedback on this eventually, but I really don't like how temporary everything feels, like there's no real progress across sessions. All of the map that you've explored, the map segments you pick up, waypoints, etc. and apperantly sometimes also the stuff you have in your backpack gets lost when quitting and starting a new session. It's no fun to have to start an almost completely new game every time you log in to play. Other than that I'm really digging this game, and I think it'll be brilliant upon release.
Good point, once you buy stuff you will want to keep it permanent.

As far as stowing into chests, the chests stay around only in your active session, and only if there is something in them. Empty chests are removed. Stowing does not make much sense because the items do not survive a game restart. I usually get rid of the bow once I have a gun and ammo for it. If you have a good gun, you can survive longer and just defend yourself enough to make it to the next chest in case you want to further rearm.

Overall this does not seem a game for building a character over time and then just keep adding, as long as there is no way to save items over different sessions. You will lose everything sooner or later. Goals are more or less short term. Killing a T-Rex could just bleed you out enough to not survive the next raptor horde attack.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “theHunter: Primal”