F.A.Q.

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
Lawger
Hunter

Re: F.A.Q.

Post by Lawger »

DonderDeer wrote:I for one would love realism. I'd love a game that depicts dinosaurs as animals rather than monsters, even if it's not necessarily 100% realistic since humans and dinosaurs never coexisted. It's possible to still make a good and semi-realistic game with a twist.
Totally agree with this. I also think they should aim for realism as far as behaviour and stuff go. I think it's important that this isn't a mindless action-shooter like so many dino-games before it. So realism in the hunting and behavior, absolutely. Realism in the way that all the dinos come from the same time period and would have co-existed IRL is not the least bit important IMO though. Might acctually be detrimental since it would mean that the devs are much more limited in what species they can put in there. As I said earlier, putting species together that lived 80 million years appart shouldn't be a big problem since they're also putting humans with rifles there, and we didn't co-exist with any of those species. Not a problem to be mixing time periods for the dinos eighter as far as I'm concerned.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

JackRbbt wrote:Guys, for Jurassic references and (supposedly) mixed specie blame Michael Crichton (Isla Nublar rings any bell?)!
Yes big fan of Jurassic Park. Did you see the new Trailer?

and Jurassic park was in a modern time and those dinos were made in a lab with frog DNA. So it's not Michael's fault, he just wrote the book :lol:
Last edited by james990 on November 28th, 2014, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Lawger wrote:Realism in the way that all the dinos come from the same time period and would have co-existed IRL is not the least bit important IMO though. Might acctually be detrimental since it would mean that the devs are much more limited in what species they can put in there. As I said earlier, putting species together that lived 80 million years appart shouldn't be a big problem since they're also putting humans with rifles there, and we didn't co-exist with any of those species. Not a problem to be mixing time periods for the dinos eighter as far as I'm concerned.

Get your Opinion and I accept that. I read somewhere that they still wanted realism for primal, so what i am saying is that to just do their research and make sure they get it right if they want realism (Which i did read somewhere 100%). Because I know some people will find it odd (Including Myself) e.g. You thought reindeer shouldn't be in hemmeldal and the devs want thehunter to be realistic, and you thought reindeer in hemmeldal was not. Well i believe dinosaurs in a same map which lived 80 million years a part is not realistic! if you do think its not realistic, well thats your opinion.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

new pic

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

DonderDeer wrote:I'd love a game that depicts dinosaurs as animals rather than monsters.
I wholeheartedly agree with you here. I never liked movies like Jaws where the animal is nothing but a killing machine. Would be nice to see those "raptors" as curious, scared, playful, etc. and not just as attackers. But there is no information available for how they would have behaved if they ever met humans, and also this would cost too much to produce.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Devs: Next sneak peak pic please show a different dinosaur than one we already know is in the game.
Preferably this one:
foresterjoe
Tracker

Post by foresterjoe »

oh my, hope they got a wide angle camera to take trophy shots of all these over size critters :lol: :lol: otherwise be sitting there next to a stump of a leg to show for it and nothing else.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Mills wrote:Devs: Next sneak peak pic please show a different dinosaur than one we already know is in the game.
Preferably this one:
yeah and hope they put something along these lines in too and sauropds would be great (Long necks)
Pic from Jurassic Park 3 where Grant, the kirbys and billy run into a stampede of duck bills (Parasaurolophus and Corythosaurus)

And these dinosaurs mainly only run on two legs or when feeding on trees high up. Meaning they do walking and grazing on 4 legs
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Here is a nice pic from the hunter primal facebook cover page

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

james990 that bit in film would be epic if added where the stampeding herds are running and then the big t rex comes in :D

Return to “theHunter: Primal”