Just Dinosaurs?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
Mills
Outfitter

Just Dinosaurs?

Post by Mills »

This topic is intended to bring forward an old idea that was originally suggested for theHunter, but now that Primal is being released I hope we can see a map in this game that revolves around not just dinosaurs, but these other extinct creatures:

Woolly Mammoth

Woolly Rhino

Short-Faced Bear

Giant Bison

Irish Elk

Sabre-Tooth Tiger

And last but not least (although not extinct - in my opinion, already know the criticism coming):

Bigfoot :D ;)

What do you think?
Last edited by Mills on November 25th, 2014, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkfreak

Re: Just Dinosaurs?

Post by elkfreak »

I really love this idea! The original thehunter is an incredible game, and adding all these different maps and animals will only compliment it. Plus I think a little bit faster game play would be nice, I just hope they keep the same thehunter feel for all new animals and weapons. Especially things like arrow trajectory and weapons ballistics!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

woolly mammoth would be great saber tooth maybe aswell. :D
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

What do you think?
What i think is that you're a bit confused! T-Rex and other major carnivore dinosaurs lived at the end of Cretaceous period (around 65 million years ago), the animals you suggested are mammals and lived somewhere 50 million years AFTER dinosaurs, in the late Pleistocene period. And, until solid evidences will be provided, Bigfoot lived only in the imagination.
Spoiler:

Ugly Pete
Tracker

Post by Ugly Pete »

I would only shoot bigfoot in self defence. Us primates should stick together. :lol: :lol: :lol:
marcomies
Tracker

Post by marcomies »

I don't see why Primal couldn't have reserves for extinct animals from many different eras. I just personally hope we will see a good selection of dinosaurs from the entire ~200 million year period they were around before the devs move to mammals. I hope and think we won't see Bigfoot or other most likely not-real creatures in either theHunter of Primal, they would fit better in their entirely own game (theHunter: Mythical? ;)).
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

JackRbbt wrote:
What do you think?
What i think is that you're a bit confused! T-Rex and other major carnivore dinosaurs lived at the end of Cretaceous period (around 65 million years ago), the animals you suggested are mammals and lived somewhere 50 million years AFTER dinosaurs, in the late Pleistocene period. And, until solid evidences will be provided, Bigfoot lived only in the imagination.
I am aware that the animals I have suggested did not live in the time of the dinosaurs. And I could've swore that I read somewhere that Mammoths were a reptile, my mistake ;). Why not have a separate reserve for different era's as already pointed out in this thread. To make myself clear, for those like JackRbbt over here (although I do appreciate a free history lesson -thx), I do not want these animals in the same reserve as T-Rex, Triceratops, and the like. Just an idea for future development if possible.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”