Generation_Zero

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
skunkasa

Generation_Zero

Post by skunkasa »

Looks like Primal is getting an update, with a twist on the call of the wild engine :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7042 ... tion_Zero/

I can't wait for this.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Generation_Zero

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to <Other Games & Tech Talk>

I know you were probably joking but in the interests of avoiding confusion, this is definitely not a Primal upgrade. Unless the dinosaurs became robots. Either way it does look pretty cool.

Very "Stranger Things".
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i knew something would be done on the engine but didnt expect this.spouted a few ideas before.this one seems different could be amazing.co op which is popular and not many cater for.

i personally would of gone with a walking dead style zombie game.set with apex.no one seems to be able to nail it.who ever do will have big bucks ! the thing is the apex engine doesnt lend itself to large mp lobbies. which many want. so i get why its gone the 4 man co op route.

imagine 100 man servers on hirshfelden or medved tiaga fighting zombies in big hordes.building cabins surviving.off the land.or even just a survival game on the maps already out.100 man server rust style build cabins kill deer for food and cloth.there is lots you could do. the main thing is trying to break the bigger player numbers for mp. ask the just cause people who made the mp. they made it happen before.
skunkasa

Post by skunkasa »

yeah, I just watched the vid and posted without actually reading anything :)
caledonianblues wrote: Unless the dinosaurs became robots.
I instantly thought wow, the Dinos have become robots and we would have up to 16 players on the cotw engine.

oh well, Ron, only 4 player co-op, Hope that's not correct :|
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

co op could be great.look at left 4 dead for eg.many people fav game.also not many co ops about.so that doesnt worry me. :D
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

After having played the game... I have to say, it is very awesome!

It's worth putting a note in here for everyone. It is a totally different development team, separate from both the Classic and COTW teams. So production time will not be compromised in any shape or form :)
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

There is strong similarities between Primal / zero generation concepts, we replace simply dinosaurs by robots, and Primal Eden by Sweden.

The concept of the game pleases me. The fact whether it is a persistent world it is a very good idea. @TreeKiwi, as in Primal, can you spot tracks of robots and follow them ?

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”